watcha think?

Anyone using 2530 on a regular basis? How’s it working?

No one is using it or 31. Interesting.

I’d be on it, but I’m moving in the next month and won’t be starting my new album till I’m settled.

PACO

Ive been using 2530 for about 2 weeks.
No problems yet.
But I haven’t launched full into a new project yet either.

right! gluck with your move paco, i know that can be alot of work!
thx ping, i was constantly updating until I started the new job. All the v6 builds have be user friendly so I guess I’ll jump in while the waters warm :agree:

I’m now trying to remember how I did things without the effects browser. has some important bug fixes for me. :agree:

Hi

I’m using 2530; I did several hours of hair-pulling comping today. I was editing (and remixing) data I recorded with pro Tools and a Control 24 about a year ago. NTrack was perfectly stable.

But: I don’t know if there’s a way to have automation “rubber bands” cut when you CTRL-X waveforms. If there’s no way to do it, there SHOULD be a way to do it.

Also, whoever suggested that WAV files should have “floating/centered” filenames is correct, IMO.

F

Quote: (nramusic @ Dec. 17 2009, 7:09 AM)

I'm now trying to remember how I did things without the effects browser. has some important bug fixes for me.
:agree:

Thx Fuggle that sounds good! I haven't worked with it much but it did look impressive at first glance! :agree:
Quote: (Fuggle_Hop @ Dec. 17 2009, 11:00 PM)

Hi

I'm using 2530; I did several hours of hair-pulling comping today. I was editing (and remixing) data I recorded with pro Tools and a Control 24 about a year ago. NTrack was perfectly stable.

But: I don't know if there's a way to have automation "rubber bands" cut when you CTRL-X waveforms. If there's no way to do it, there SHOULD be a way to do it.

Also, whoever suggested that WAV files should have "floating/centered" filenames is correct, IMO.

F

Would you use nTrack over Pro Tools?
Or for a specific task?

"rubber bands"? cut using ctrl-x?
Might have to have Flanders interpret that one.
The new ntrack won't cut if a track has overlapping parts.
If you can't cut on a track right click on it and you'll see an option to remove overlapping parts.
Then you can cut it, and maybe ctrl-x would work too.
Great post!
:agree:

I just ran some tests on 2532. The basic stuff, everything seemed fine. Noidles seemed easier to control, fingers crossed on that one.
1. The little track icon for the track eq didn’t seem to highlight but I didn’t test that thoroughly.
2. The little popup message stating to click here to start recording is a pesty nuisance. It goes away after a long 30 or 40 seconds, but will remain on the desktop if you send ntrack to the task bar before the 30 seconds are up. I didn’t see anywhere in the options menu to remove that alert.

3. I like the + icon to add a send, now need a - icon to remove the send :agree:
Other than those 3 at first glance 2532 seems very good so far. :agree:

Hi, Levi–

Would I rather use Pro Tools? No, not really. Any Joe Shmoe can go out and buy a copy of Pro Tools LE. I’m happy using an underdog.

I’ve been using NTrack since the late 90’s. It was the program that I started to learn on; it was my first audio-editing program.

I do wish that NTrack’s waveforms had a centerline though! And, also, I wish that the height of the wave-forms could be exaggerated; it might make detailed edits easier.

I am troubled that the phrase “Do you use Pro Tools?” is such a standard question to the point of being a cliche. That phrase “the industry standard” is also a cliche that I find irritating.

I suppose if I worked with musicians that kept poor time I might require Beat Detective, but, luckily, I haven’t yet needed Beat Detective (and I’m not sure that Beat Detective’s even available on LE).

:)
F

Hi Levi:
I agree with you on the “Start Recording” icon…

However, I just mouse-click anywhere on the icon and it goes away/disappears…

Bill…

Fuggle_Hop, actually the height of the wave form (as well as the length) can be controlled with the Zoom in and zoom out . You can make the display of the wave form higher without effecting the amount of length displayed. As far a the center line, I guess the only way to get that is with an envelope line. Might be a feature to ask Flavio about. I do most of my serious edits with Sound Forge and I know the center lane is a necessary part of correctly deleting and pasting.

Bax, thanks for your reply!

I use the various zoom levels like a madman, but I don’t know how to exaggerate the height of the waveforms. In otherwords, Pro Tools has a useful feature where you can keep the height of the track the same while making the peaks and troughs of the waveforms greater. My Korg D3200 can do this, as well. But, to the best of my knowledge, NTrack can’t…or am I mistaken?

F

NOt really - the whole track expands. I think you have a point with an interest in having just the wave form expand. I have mentioned several time to Flavio that the zoom loses focus on the cursor when I zoom in. That is one of the main reasons I use Sound Forge for editing. However, Sound Forge only zooms on one track (stereo or mono) and then it does zoom in on the cursor location and expands along the length - so, except for the inability of N_Track to maintain the cursor at the center of the screen they are much alike. Apparently, the lack of cursor focus is not a problem on any of the computers that Flavio uses because he has not been able to duplicate my problem. What is your experience with the cursor focus?
Bax

Bax, my cursor stays focused in the center. If it didn’t, I’d be a very, very angry person. :)

F

Thanks for checking - I wondered where my lousy attitude came from. :laugh:
I just checked using build 2532 and the cursor stays in the focus when I zoom in! Also, when I zoom way in a center line is produced! Also, something like the sample dots, n-track produces dashes, are shown when I continue to zoom in. Check it out.
Bax

Yeah, the sample dots are cool. And they can be manipulated…although I still haven’t really mastered the art of manipulating audio with them (a couple of days ago I tried unsuccessfully to remove a “click” by trying to rearrange them. Only aggravated the problem, though).

By, IMO, the zero-crossing line should always be visible. It’s an important aid for editing.

F