Ok heres a new un…the first in my new studio environment…
1983:
http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=10813252

Dance pop cheese!

That was really good. WOW you really have come along way. The mix is very good but if you don’t mind me saying so, it’ sounded a touch dry, meaning the overall mix could use a little more highs to balance it out, bass was down a touch needs a bite more punch but it was very good other wise but really I’m thrilled to hear it. I really liked it, great voice, the keyboard stuff was excellent, the middle with the robot voice was great. I just sensed that it needed just and little more highs, not the whole thing but varied. My thinking was each part with the exception of the voice could use a little tweak on the high end with the voice just a pinch on the highs, very little just give your voice that little extra bit clarity and a bit more punch on the low end, say up the comp on the bass and kick just a pinch. I cranked it up here on my Logitech z5500’s and was impressed. I’d really like to do a collaboration with you at some point, before I die. :)

Did you see my music video of “Holy Man”? Here’s a link if you didn’t catch it. It’s not as good as yours but I think the music track was good.

http://forum.ntrack.com/cgi-bin/ikonforum/index.cgi?act=ST;f=2;t=10750

Cheers Craig,

PACO :)

Love it. Great buzz going on with your vox.
You’ve cracked the 80s feel and it put me in mind of Erasure and Tony Di Bart.
What are you building and running your sequences with?

Man, that is good. My wife loved it too. great tune. Nice mix. Nice crack on the snare. Tell us about the recording and mix and such.

This would have been huge in 1983. And you would have been touring with Difford and Tilbrook. :) :agree:

and The Communards.

Cool stuff Craig. Love the vox and harmonies. 1983 would have been about right for this one, although Mr Williams could probably get away with it now :) Great piece of writing matey! :agree:

Thanks gang!
Had great fun doing this one.
Paco, just getting to grips with me monitors and such I tend to pay much more attention to the bottom end trying to get it right using references etc…never really looked at the top end :;): (collab me anytime…loved the holy man)

…I was erasure mad as a teen…

Battery three drums
The synth noise all the way through was done on nTrack strings
Bass, just me as well as a bit of guitar

Ive got myself a useful graph that shows where to put eq notches for different effects on things, so I utilised that for a warmer vox, a punchier snare and hopefully a clearer bass with less of a boomy muffled sound.

As I said I’m still getting used to working with monitors, which are VERY neutral. EQ is my current hurdle on these…
I’m learning about the minutiae which has never been my forte, but seems to make all the difference!

Thanks again for the listens! :agree:

You have a link to that useful graph? Anyway, whatever you a doing, you are one very talented person. Keep 'em coming! Don’t suppose you are doing the 50/90 thing this year? I am over there as TomS, oddly enough.

Tom you are too kind…

The graph is in a magazine…Sound On Sound…I’ll have to have a root around to see if I can get it online. It is very useful!

50/90 phew…don’t think Ill get time this year. Has it started already?

Sorry Craig soundclick doesn’t work on my iPhone I’ll hear it in a few days :agree:

Quote: (spreadercraig @ Jul. 04 2011, 2:42 PM)

Tom you are too kind....

The graph is in a magazine...Sound On Sound...I'll have to have a root around to see if I can get it online. It is very useful!

50/90 phew...don't think Ill get time this year. Has it started already?

Ya I'd like to see it too. Thank you for your nice comment on "Holy Man". :D

Cheers,
PACO

Tom you are too kind....

The graph is in a magazine...Sound On Sound...I'll have to have a root around to see if I can get it online. It is very useful!

I have lots of issues of that - any guess as to year?
Quote: (TomS @ Jul. 05 2011, 12:35 PM)

Tom you are too kind....

I have lots of issues of that - any guess as to year?

Yeah, would be great to see that graph : -)

This is great song. The chorus is very strong - would love to hear it in a Beatlesque style. What about a version called 1963? :D

1963… :agree:

The graph is in this issue which came out this year:
http://www.soundonsound.com/news?NewsID=13855

…I’ve got no facilities to scan the graph now…
I wonder if I could draw something up similar…

Ah, a special issue. Don’t have that one.