Track delete problem.

I duplicated this a couple of times then it started saving/not saving correctly.

Only happens when file name is New song.sng it seems. It’s a bit buggy.

Open n (new beta 2467) Import audio - edit it - close without saving and it saves it anyway.

I filed a bug report on the saving issue - you might wanna do one on the single track editing problem Levi.

For those of you not following bug reports =

Quote:

The program (since I think version 6.0.2) automatically reloads the state of
the current song, even if not saved. So if you load a song, say move a wave
file from position A to position B, then quit without saving, when you then
reload the program you will see the wave file you have moved in position B.
That doesn’t mean that the original .sng file was saved even if you told the
program not to save. If you go and manually reload the saved .sng file you’ll
see the wave file in position A.
Could this have been the cause of the behavior you’ve noticed?

Flavio.
Quote:

The program (since I think version 6.0.2) automatically reloads the state of
the current song, even if not saved.

IMO... and I don't really have a dog in this hunt... but that is undesirable behavior if you ask me. At least make it optional. I would want a blank slate every time I started n-Track anew.

Project defaults like sample rate, bit depth etc, should be settable and repeated each new start OR implement project templates. Saving the last state of the program? No.

$.02

D

I think it’s potentially useful. Kind of a “Oh yeah, that’s where I was” feature.

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Apr. 04 2009, 11:31 AM)

I think it's potentially useful. Kind of a "Oh yeah, that's where I was" feature.

That's what "Save" and "Save As..." is for isn't it?

I'll tell ya' what it appears to be... a stop-gap measure for a crash prone program so if it bombs, you don't have to start from scratch. Not trying to be a jerk or nothing... just being honest in that's the "appearance" this gives. :peace:

Then again, that's also what "Autosave" is for. So you always have a copy of the project in it's last state. Starting EVERY session with the last loaded projects state is dangerous IMO. Too easy to foul something up...

But really, as I said, I don't have a dog on this hunt so I'll just hush... :)

D

PS n-Track does have "Autosave" doesn't it?

it’s “Otto save.” Backup options from every 1 to 300 minutes.

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Apr. 03 2009, 10:05 PM)

I duplicated this a couple of times then it started saving/not saving correctly.

Only happens when file name is New song.sng it seems. It's a bit buggy.

Open n (new beta 2467) Import audio - edit it - close without saving and it saves it anyway.

I filed a bug report on the saving issue - you might wanna do one on the single track editing problem Levi.

ok will do

Option would be nice -
A lot of DAW’s give you the option to select NEW project, or to select from MRU list.

Also - what if you make a bunch of changes and you DON’T want to save them.
Then the next time you open - you have to manually undo what you didn’t want in the first place. Pretzel Logic.

The choice to save changes is more important than the auto save.
One can always click on the save icon with changes they know they want.
When it closes and your asked to save or not.
It best not save when you don’t want the changes.

Quote:

Pretzel Logic

ROFL... Exactly!

D

Not true - all you have to do is open the last edition of the file - file, click on name - and the last “real” save will open - kind of a bent pretzel.

Humble request;

Very first program run > Setup Project defaults. Keep until changed by the user.
Save edit data, undo points mixer settings etc at auto save and/or at “Save”/“Save As”. Only when the user commands. Oh yeah… IF autosave fires and no project name is yet given, prompt the user for a “Save As” but only if the program is stopped. Don’t fire an autosave during recording or playback. If the project file is big, it might interrupt the audio streaming to disk. Dunno…

Implement “Project Templates” and “Track Templates”. Seriously, these are tremendously useful!!

For example, we have a MOTU 24 I/O rig at church we record worship services with. Using Reaper of course… :) By setting up a couple of Project Templates the operator can quickly start a new session tailored to the service. Wednesday night has fewer musicians and such. Those get the minimal required track template with tracks armed @ 24/44.1. Sunday morning is the whole hog project template with 24 tracks set and armed @ 24/44.1. Rehearsal sessions use a “whole hog” template but record the tracks directly to OGG format for smaller file sizes and easy transport. The fidelity is slightly lower but it’s rehearsal soooo…

Sound dude opens a template and hits RECORD. Easy… This really, really needs to be implemented in n-Track.

D

you’re agreed on here except for that first program run wish. n is more of a entry level software wouldn’t you agree? Most users are overwhelmed as it is. In fact… naw don’t get me started…(I was headed for the old stripped down stable dummy user version option, you know “less is more”…)

Quote:

you're agreed on here except for that first program run wish.

I know what you mean Poppa. It should set everything up for the user... the very basics anyway. Standard Windows sound driver, bit-depth, sample rate etc... then prompt the user if they want to do any further configuring or just click okay and go. Make it easy fer the noob.

D
Quote: (Diogesneez @ Apr. 04 2009, 2:02 PM)

Humble request;

Very first program run > Setup Project defaults. Keep until changed by the user.
Save edit data, undo points mixer settings etc at auto save and/or at "Save"/"Save As". Only when the user commands. Oh yeah... IF autosave fires and no project name is yet given, prompt the user for a "Save As" but only if the program is stopped. Don't fire an autosave during recording or playback. If the project file is big, it might interrupt the audio streaming to disk. Dunno...

Implement "Project Templates" and "Track Templates". Seriously, these are tremendously useful!!

For example, we have a MOTU 24 I/O rig at church we record worship services with. Using Reaper of course... :) By setting up a couple of Project Templates the operator can quickly start a new session tailored to the service. Wednesday night has fewer musicians and such. Those get the minimal required track template with tracks armed @ 24/44.1. Sunday morning is the whole hog project template with 24 tracks set and armed @ 24/44.1. Rehearsal sessions use a "whole hog" template but record the tracks directly to OGG format for smaller file sizes and easy transport. The fidelity is slightly lower but it's rehearsal soooo...

Sound dude opens a template and hits RECORD. Easy... This really, really needs to be implemented in n-Track.

D

Thread hijacked. No ransom has been requested at this point. Case has been transfered to the thread homicide division for further review.

PACO ???