Track Hi-Lighting Issue

Hi n-Track users:

I am editing a track on the timeline and I’d like to put the beginning of the track to Inf. by Hi-Lighting and put the vol to zero…

However, I find that about a second (or beginning) of the track will not Hi-Light, so I can put that portion of the track to inf.

I have the latest version/build of n-Track…

Is that something that I’m doing that is not allowing me to Hi-light portion of the track ????

Could it be a BUG ????

Bill…

I’m attempting to post an image of the fault…
However, I am unable to get the post to work, correctly…

Bill…

[edit] I’m unable to link to the 4-SAhared site where the image is posted… Sorry Flavio… I thought I could post the image up here… The Board wouldn’t allow the extension I have it posted in…

I’ll see if I can figure out a way to post this print screen Image so you are able to see the issue I’m attempting to show…

Bill…

Bill, If I understand you want to set the beginning of a track to silent: can you use the Silence menu item to do this? I usually do it by drawing an envelope.
Bax

Bill;
What you’re describing (well the way it happens when you attempt to do what I think it is you’re trying to accomplish)could be a bug.
But a work around could be to select the ‘Draw Volume Envelopes’ selector; click on the volume envelope line of the track; drag it all the way to ‘inf’; then shift/click twice (to create 2 nodes) at the point where the sound comes back in; click the last node (leave a node at ‘inf’) and drag up the rest of the track to +0.0 (or whatever you want).
That way you’ll have the first part at 0 volume.

regards,

Hi Bax and tulsa:

I have to post that screen image today…

You are correct…
I Drag the hi-light from right-to-left using the “Mouse Click Method”…
BUT…
when I lift the “Left Mouse Button” the hi-light doesn’t COVER the far left area of the track, on the timeline…
I’ve tried it several times BUT the method of hi-lighting just doesn’t cover the very left -or-beginning of the track…
It always leaves a small portion of the track UN-Hi-Lighted…

I’ll see if I can get that image posted up here sometime today…

Bill…

Hi, Bill. The track doesn’t happen to be overlaying another track or portion of, does it?

Hi TonyR and Guys:

I think I have created a link to show a print of what I think I can desscribe…

Track Hi-Light Issue

Finally… I got a link…

Anyway, here you’ll see what I am attempting to show… The very left-hand sdge of the timeline is an area that I am unable to “Mouse-click” when I drag the mouse over to the beginning of the track…

Whan I let go of the left mouse button it comes back to where it shows that it hasn’t covered the timeline…

What’s up with that ????

Bill…

Hi Bill. Try ‘clearing all selections’ then try again.

Hi TonyR:

I’m here…
I’ll give it a go…
Be right back…

Bill…

[edit] NO-GO… I even tried to expand the edit to two tracks… The bass track is just below the Acoustic Track… I hi-light the tracks and drag the mouse to the left and just beyond the track to where the track fader is… Then I let the mouse button go and poof… The hi-light creeps back to where the hi-light is on the timeline…

???? ???? ???? ????

Bill…

I’m using build 2654… Not the latest build… I’m am being prompted to update to the latest build… But I wouldn’t just yet… Maybe, I should… What do you think about that move. ?

There is something going on on several of these tracks… It’s just not one track doing or causing this issue…

This project and these tracks were were done back in the old studio on the Lexicon CORE-32 and '98SE days…

I had the project saved on a DVD and just this week I imported the project unto a Hard drive…
The project was started back in June of 2003…
I don’t know the version-and-build of n-Track back then…
Flavio might know…

I’m thinking I might have to get into re-rendering the tracks to FIX this issue…

I manufactured the Drum Tracks using
a Roland D-5 Keyboard, back in those days…

It’s not a bug So-to-Speak in these version-and-build of n-Track… I believe it’s an issue that was caused by something that has been brought forward into this mixing and editing session of this project…

Bill…

[edit]
I thought I would add to the the thread that this project was the last one done on a P-4 Asus/Intel '98SE Operating System using the Lexicon CORE-32 Audio Hardware…