Train up a child....

Here’s the story. My grand daughter Sarah, the second greatest love of my life.
My best bugs buddy. My life saver. My connection to reality and pain relief.
There when there are no others.

Just needed to say that today.

:agree:

You got yer priorities straight bro'... :)

D
Quote:

Just needed to say that today.

Just the reminder I needed after an hour or more chasing an overly energetic 3 year old through Walmart.
He woke me up this morning saying "Wake Up! It's a beautiful day!" At the moment, he's napping on my bed while I wait for his mama to get off work. :laugh:

A favorite quote of mine is 3John4: "I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth." The knowledge that they are doing what is right without me having to make sure of it is hard to beat.

I will NEVER forget the day my first was born. I was totally and irreversibly changed that day. For the BETTER. You forget about YOU and start contemplating this new life you brought into the world. Ain’t nothing like it. Period.

It saddens me beyond belief to hear about abused and neglected children. How could their parents NOT be moved to do whatever it took to protect and nurture them? It is beyond my ability to figure out.

D

Quote:

It saddens me beyond belief to hear about abused and neglected children. How could their parents NOT be moved to do whatever it took to protect and nurture them? It is beyond my ability to figure out.

Part of the problem is there are so many parents who don't have a clue. Too many "babies raising babies". Then there are those cases you see on the news that tear your heart out. Just this week, I saw on a Nashville station a report of a woman being charged with setting her apartment on fire with two of her children left inside. She took her youngest child with her. I don't understand how someone could do this, and truthfully, I don't want to understand.

Grandbabies make your day for sure.

Just wish I had half the patience with my kids as I do with the grandkids. Guess it’s an age thing, I was young, dumb, and full of . . . well you know.

I agree Kevin, don’t understand it or want to!

Quote:

Just wish I had half the patience with my kids as I do with the grandkids. Guess it's an age thing, I was young, dumb, and full of . . . well you know.

Same here, Yaz... I think part of it is that patience comes with experience. Plus, it doesn't hurt that the grandpa thing tends to be a part-time gig.
:laugh: