Transfering effects presets

Does anyone know how to transfer my effects presets, to a new system…(xp & 3.3) I recently transfered everything to a new system, but I had to do a clean install. I tried to copy the preset files and the ntrack.cfg file, but only my built in eq presets are showing. also on my new system whenever my vst scan begins i get an error message saying “the proceedure entrypoint libm_sse2_sinf could not be located in dynamic link library libmmd.dll”… any remedies?

Hello…anyone?

I’m replying because I hate to see any post get no response. Everyone here has always been so helpful, I can only imagine that the correct eyes haven’t seen your question yet so hopefully this will keep it fresh.

Anyone have any ideas????

you say "I tried to copy the preset files and the ntrack.cfg file " - you can only have 1 config file at a time - did you delete the original before copying across the old one ? - entry point error could mean that there a two config files and XP/N does not know which one to use -

delete any config files in N then restart N and it will generate a new one (ok so you have to program prefs again but thats no big deal) -

also config file may contain info pertinant to the OS on your old machine - when transfering to a new PC the OS may not be the same and N is asking windows to do something at a point which has changed or is not available on your new system - ie, go here do thiis (ok on old PC) go here do this. cant find it, (error on new PC) -

when you do a fresh install of N on a new system you should delete the VST plugin folder that N installs and replace it with the one from your other system -

some VSTs carry their presets in their .dll file, these can be transfered OK, others have dedicated preset folders and some allow you to chose a folder where you put the presets - can be difficult finding where they are -

Dr J

Hi Gents, on this Topic:
There appears to be new security features coming on-line with MicroSoft XP and VISTA and their Operating Systems… It has to do with Net Framework and other add-ons to their many versions/builds of Desks you are able to get for the computer(s) you have…

I believe this to be correct but I’m not sure if this issue is what you have…

In fact… It’s getting so secure that some of these VST Soft developers are moving to supplying their software only with a USB type of Dongle-Key… It means you can have the software on any machine you choose but only one instance of the application…

Multiple instances of the application is not going to be permitted… not even on a NetWorked/LAN’d setup… OR… The choice of the number of instances of any one application will be only permitted/decided by the software developer and MicroSoft…

This is beginning to come on-stream by the introduction of VST rev. 1 and rev.2.0 series of applications… Well… I believe this to be a looming issue for Digital Audio Users/Operators…

Maybe, this doesn’t apply to you or the issues you have… but this security issue my be creeping into your transfer/installation(s)… Who knows? ??? ?

I have yet to see the issue you’re describing show it-self on this set-up… I’ve built the C-Drives I use here from Stratch… So-to-Speak… and not transfered any applications from Daw-to-Daw… It might even be there and I haven’t seen it appear, yet…

The audio hardware I use here is becoming increasingly, obsolete… It operates with the '98SE Desk… So, I have a couple of Dual Boot DAWs that I Track-and Mix… with… Then I have an XP Desk that I use to edit and connect to the internet, with… These machines are intricate to how my set-up works…

All of this is starting to require an increasing amount of maintenance to keep it in operation…

All of this is beginning to hurt the “Creative Expirence”…

Bill…

ITS EITHER “MAXIMISING OF PROFITS” OR “GREED” - DEPENDS WHICH SIDE OF THE COIN YOU ARE ON -

Dr J

Perhaps I shouldn’t have brought this subject/matter into this topic… This may not apply to the issue-at-hand…

There are Audio/Analytical Applications in the market place that cost several/many hundreds of Loonies to own-and- use in the workplace…

There’s many Trackers/Mixers/Producers out there today that work in many cities and studios that take their software/applications with them… where ever they work… All they need is some “Standard” multi-track editor that recognizes and can use their software, and they’re in business…

This is the directions that some of these software developers are going, with their products…

Bill…