Transferring program to another PC

What’s the best way to transer nTrack from an old PC to a new one?

Thanks

You should be able to re-intsall on the new PC and re-register using your existing codes. That’s the easy bit.

Transferring the songs may be a bit more of a challenge. Hopefully you have them all in one place. Trouble is the size that they are. Even on writable DVDs you don’t get that many songs.

Packed song format may help but if you use compression it will be lossy.

You could network the machines together and copy the songs.

Or remove the hard drive from the old PC and install it in the new PC. Copy the songs.

HTH

Mark

I use a portable USB hard disk to copy/back up song files and other stuff I need to transfer between my DAW and my other PC.

It’s not fast enough for tracking or mixing (My DAW has an USB 1.1 interface, I think), but for simple backup stuff it’s OK.

A hard disk really is a good and stable place to store backups. Data seems to last longer residing on a hard disk than on any optically recordable media, and concerning write protection, it’s a matter of checking a box…

regards, Nils

<!–QuoteBegin>

I use a portable USB hard disk to copy/back up song files and other stuff I need to transfer between my DAW and my other PC.

That’s a really good point Nils; I’d forgotten that solution! Simple eh?

Mark

a simple $200 solution, though. Unless you already have the HD, and simply buy a USB case, which is about $75, IIRC.

However, sometimes, due to a glitch in XP, I think, the drive will not be readable by the new pc.

Fish

thanks all…really appreciate the ideas. got a usb mem stick…I’ll give that a try.

Dan
starwood