Tribute to..

Red Wings, Steve Yzerman

Hi TomS:
I hope you got to see the Wing’s Game last night, on the Tube.

They retired Stevie’s jersey # 19 as a tribute to his Hockey Days as a player, with the Wings… It was very fitting for him and his family and the organization… What a Hockey Town the Motor Town, is…

Bill…

Oh, yes, we had to watch it, sort of like going to church on Easter. :)

A great player, and very humble. He sure got a nice new car out of the deal. :D

Speaking of hockey, Bill, I caught the pregame on CBC tonight - Canadians are really classy when it comes to the accomplishments of the younger, pre NHL players - loved the intro where they had 6 players from the world juniors on the bench and then introduced them. I did notice that one of them plays for the University fo Michigan Wolverines, and another for the Saginaw Spirit. :)

Hi Tom:
I watched Grapes intro the players before the anthems. The Leafs Organization did it up pretty nice, I thought so… There was a local kid on that bench… Marchant? is that his name… He arrived home last night, on a flight, from Toronto… The media and a couple hundred hockey fans from his neighbourhood was at the airport to greet him… He plays on one of the "Q’ League Junior Teams… I didn’t get to see any of those games I don’t have a dish or cable… I think there was some nice hockey to be seen over there…

My team… the HABs lost yesterday to the Rangers… They all got some kind of “Locker Room” flu bug… I guess they’re pretty ill, with it… The only thing that kills those bugs is “Spray Nine”, so-they-say… The Rangers are gonna have to clean that locker room out before any other team uses that part of the arena… or else they’ll spread that (the germs) all over the place…

Anyway, Grapes talked the whole tournament up very well… Good for Grapes…

Bill…

Brad Marchand, from Halifax, plays for Foreurs de Val d’Or?

Roster here:

http://www.hockeycanada.ca/index.c…170.htm

How do those young guys keep their heads level with that kind of attention? ???

Hi TomS:
The Americans are one of the better if not the best country in the world for conditioning athletes in the mental standards of world competition… The Canadians have a lot to learn in that aspect of competition…

When you listen at world class athletes being interviewed by the media you can see their mental attitude peeking through… their replies… If they don’t measure up the athletes don’t last long in their chosen sport…

By-the-way… Eeyvon ? Durelle the heavy weight boxer from New Brunswick out of the late '50’s took a stroke on Christmas Day and passed away yesterday… I think he was 73… He was the only contender to knock down his opponent three times during a contending match and loose to his opponent… I think the Champ was Archie Moore… ??

Rockie Balboa, would be proud of him, I should think… He was one tough New Brunswick’er…

My father was a great Boxing Fan… He promoted local boxing here… Big Time… As you can see… I don’t take after my Old Man… for the Sport-of-Boxing…

Bill…