Tricks From The Heartland

For Guitar Players

Thought I would share this…Homemade partial capo from a Bird Of Paradise capo. Turn it over, upside down, and cut a notch behind what should be the lower pad to allow a string to ring open. File the nose of the lower arm and pad so as to allow any string in front of it to ring.

I use mine most of the time in standard tuning at the 2nd fret across the A-D-G strings putting the notch over the low E.

I also, at times, put a full capo behind (2 frets below) this one, or capo a Dmaj7, A, or use 2 partial capos. Plenty of ideas to try!!! Alternate tunings without retuning!!!

DUFF

Nice idea! Whoo check out the jumbo strings! What gage? I mean that A string looks enormous. So does the g string.

Cool idea, Duffman. :agree: I’ve avoided alternate tunings through the years, but this sounds interesting.

Quote:

Nice idea! Whoo check out the jumbo strings! What gage? I mean that A string looks enormous. So does the g string.

guys' rule of thumb....if the g-string looks enormous, run.

y’all are cheaters, by the way.

In classical guitar scores, they have partial capos. it’s even notated in the music (with fractions and roman numerals). for example, ‘2/3 VII’ above a phrase means to capo the E, B, G, and D strings at the 7th fret. however, that means sliding your index finger to the proper fret and position.

cheaters.

Quote:

y'all are cheaters, by the way.

Not just a cheater... a lazy cheater. Why worry about playing something correctly all the way through when you can cut/paste/loop. :laugh:

i do like cut/paste, especially with vocals through multiple choruses.

Quote: (john doe's evil twin @ Mar. 12 2009, 5:34 PM)

guys' rule of thumb....if the g-string looks enormous, run.

:laugh:
If the g string is enormous I won't be seeing it!
Quote: (kevinmyers @ Mar. 12 2009, 6:46 PM)

Quote:

y'all are cheaters, by the way.

Not just a cheater... a lazy cheater. Why worry about playing something correctly all the way through when you can cut/paste/loop.
:laugh:

:D Right!
That does tend to make one a tad lazy.
I mean why hook up the guitar when you can just barrow a couple notes lol It is an awesome writing technique though!
You just have to make an effort to practice.
I've not used capos before but I might.
Could be fun.

The only trouble with cut and paste is I always get glue on the monitor.

Cool tool for the guitar there Duff!

Quote: (Levi @ Mar. 12 2009, 5:19 PM)

Whoo check out the jumbo strings!
What gage?
I mean that A string looks enormous.
So does the g string.

You are looking down the neck of my Rainsong Jumbo, strung with 12-53.

Thanks for noticing my G-string. I guess my diet is working!!

Duff