Trouble with the "play" function

Perhaps this is just me. Maybe not. Once I’ve loaded N-track up w/ Fx’s and tracks, (say 8 tracks w/ anywhere from 0 to 4 effects on a given track), and go to play the song, it plays for about 2 secs, and then stops. If I try long enough, it will eventually play.

If I disable the fx, and then start, it may increase my chances but not dramatically. I’ve got a gig of ram on the box, it’s a 3.0ghz Dell running Windows XP (sp2).

Latest version of N-track. Build 1846

Any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Did you have this trouble with other builds? Do you disable things that are running in the background on the machine? I have the same setup dell and haven’t had any problems. I am running 20-24 tracks @ 24bit 48k with lots of plugs running. What drivers have you tried, wdm/asio/mme? Mine would stop running with the mme driver with a popup stating that my sys resources are too low. If you haven’t already, try different drivers and look at your buffer settings. Also, what sound card are you using?

"Did you have this trouble with other builds? Do you disable things that are running in the background on the machine? I have the same setup dell and haven’t had any problems.
What drivers have you tried, wdm/asio/mme? Mine would stop running with the mme driver with a popup stating that my sys resources are too low. If you haven’t already, try different drivers and look at your buffer settings. Also, what sound card are you using?"

Trouble w/ other builds…yes. Disable things in the background: mostly. Drivers: ASIO exclusively. I’m recording from home on an EMU 0404 and then taking it to work w/ me on a junkstick where I’m using a SoundMax soundcard to mix it down. What buffer settings are you refering to? I’m under the impression that ASIO doesn’t use N-track’s settings. Feel free to correct me.

and thanks for the help!

Hey
In the emu asio control panel there should be buffer settings. I used the emu1820 for awhile and the asio always seemed a little glitchy with my system. Maybe try the wdm drivers? Is this happening on the emu box or the soundmax box?
Good Luck

The problem is with the SoundMax card…not the EMU…

thanks for the help.

Try the WDM driver for the SoundMAx and set n-Track’s buffering to HIGH. If you already tried that, try the MME driver. My experience though has been the funky delay is WORSE with SoundMax MME. YMMV…

TG