Trying to reset startup/config settings

I changed a setting and the program Error’d out instead of letting me change it back. Now it won’t start-up at all and just sits on the same Error message.

“Error opening wave device.
Make sure that the sampling frequency and the output format set in the dialog box that appears clicking on the Setting button on the playback vumeter are supported by the soundcard.”

Is there a way to zero out a start-up configuration file that n-track uses so I can just reset everything and re-do the setup?

Hi there, I’m getting the exact same error. It was after changing the recording device to a WDM, I believe. Now, I cannot open the program without the error coming up over and over - it does not allow me to go back into Settings to change the device.

1 Like

To restore the default settings you can rename or delete the following folder:

C:\Users[your user name]\AppData\Roaming\n-Track Studio 9

Note that the AppData folder may be hidden so you may have to set Windows folder to show hidden files and folders.

Regards,
Flavio.

I just got this via email:

Blockquote
To restore the default settings you can delete the following folder: C:\Users[your user name]\AppData\Roaming\n-Track Studio 9

If it will not start at all, delete that instillation and install the latest build.
If it start you can use the Preferences/setting to return every setting to the default.

Actually their final response, which is what worked (because I couldn’t see the AppData folder) was:

Blockquote Uninstalling the app doesn’t remove the app data folder, which is created at runtime by the app, not by the app setup. Please make sure you’ve set Windows to display hidden files and folders: