Tsunami

Not a good holiday season down in South Asia… 12,000 confirmed dead and thousands still not accounted for…

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/asiapcf/12/26/asia.quake/index.html

:(

I cant understand what it means really. Hope no ntracker out from there affected. If you want, always is something you can do, from donate money or clothes to pray if you are believer.

I’ve been out of town, skiing in the mountains - left the day it happened & didn’t even know about it until yesterday. This is so terrible I don’t know what to say or do. I hope the US gives lots of money to help - more than the measly 45 million I heard about it. We’re spending +200 billion in Iraq to kill people, it seems like we could spend 1 billion to save some.

Mr Soul

Quote (Mr Soul @ Dec. 29 2004,21:17)
We're spending +200 billion in Iraq to kill people, it seems like we could spend 1 billion to save some.

Mr Soul

Amen to that !

Count’s up to 125,000, 80,000 on Puket alone…

I appears this this is The SAD Story of the Year…

Our local news reports, in this part of the world, is covering it… like a blanket… It seems as though there was quite the " Bluenose Camp ", and Canada, for that matter, vacationing over there when it happened… Some of them have been heard from… Some haven’t been heard from… from what I hear…

I was never aware that the area of the world, where this happend was as popular a place to visit for people who live way over here… Well…

A lot of people from over here go to Cuba or Mexico, or even Brazil… That’s what I thought…

Bill…

Isn’t it wonderful how almost every city and town, large or small, is allocating money for the tsunami disaster relief.

And it seems that all these towns are sending deputy mayors, or whomever, and their aides, out there to assess how the money may best be used.

'Tis a wee bit strange though, that the ten thousand they’ve allocated for aid just about covers the cost of the trip.

Is it just cynical old me, or is there really something that stinks here apart from the thousands of bodies?

Ali.