Two Sneak Previews

Should’ve also added: “With wedding ring, and without wedding ring.”

:D :D

Hair/no hair, ring/no ring - who’s the babe behind the keys ?
:p

Quote (teryeah @ Jan. 15 2005,15:22)
Hair/no hair, ring/no ring - who's the babe behind the keys ?
:p

Christy

A wonderful, talented, smart, and sweet human being.
She played violin on one of the tracks on my CD, and is currently rasing her son while attending nursing school.

-John
:cool:
That's the song I was talking about. Dry?!? I'm hearing a pretty heavy delay on the vox. I'm pretty sure it's the keyboard thing that's bugging me. Cool song, BTW!
GREAT BIG DUH or DOH if you prefer.

There's a printed echo on the vocal I totally forgot about, and yes it's pretty heavy. I didn't go back an listen I was going from memory of what was in the song, and there's no effects in the final n-tracks song except EQ and compression. I work from submix almost all the time. It makes things simpler and save CPU.

That echo is virtually inaudible in the unmastered song due to masking -- mastering and overall compression can bring out that kind of thing, which it did. I didn't even hear it when I pulled up the song to listing today. Then I soloed the track...a big pie hit me in the face. :)

The screechiness could be keys. There's an organ in there doing a drone chord during a particular part of the song a sort of distorted hammond sound. If the sound you are hearing is dead centered only it might be coming off the bass. It's VERY distorted, like super fuzz box distorted. The organ is spread across the whole width, but it is in the center, too. I wouldn't be surprised at that kind of stuff. There's a lot of distortion in almost everything in that song.

Thanks for the compliment.