Tympani roll

Need hi quality

Eyup!

Anyone know of a good source of Tympani.
I am in need of a dramatic Tympani crescendo, about 3 measures 4/4 69 bpm.
I thought there would be lots of good orchestral samples out there but Google failed me this time :angry:
Penguin suit anyone?

Steve

At SoundDogs you can found a lot of entrys under “Timpani Roll” but is not specified the time and bpm. Have you tried to make the timpani roll by yourself with a good soundfont an a midi sequence? You can edit it to your taste

Eyup!

Thanks Marce,

I had a look at soundDogs but there was nothing I could use.
I did try with midi, but I am not very skilled and the results were not good
:(

I will keep looking. Thanks again Marce.

Steve

Natrual Studio Has a great tymp SoundFont. I really think it is one of their best ones.

EDIT: Crap, it looks like they took it down. Well, PM me if you want to give it a shot.

Should you need it, I think I have the soundfont at home.
Ludo

Eyup!

Thanks for the help guys, with your encouragement I managed to produce some almost realistic sounding tympani rolls (well I think so :D )

Actually, they sound better in the mix than when listened to standalone.

Here they are 48k 16bit use them as you wish.

Tympani roll fast

Tympani roll medium

Tympani roll slow

Steve

I might suggest you space the fast roll apart a bit. It is a little machine gun sounding… aka, no human would play such a roll. Otherwise, that SoundFont is great, isn’t it?

Eyup!

The soundfont is indeed great Bubba, I am really impressed with it.
Thanks for listening to my efforts with the rolls. I apreciate the comments.
I have never done a midi roll before and found it quite a challenge, I thought that the fast roll was not within human capabilities but it does sound better in the context of other instruments, I’ll post the tune in due course for critique.
The good thing is that I’ve learned a lot in the process, for instance, I never really paid much attention to midi expression before and it turned out to be crucial in the construction of these rolls. Who knows, maybe in another 20-30 years time I might not consider myself a beginner :D

Steve