ugh

So, for three + weeks after FAWM I’ve tried to write. Today I recorded a really good sounding guitar. Too bad the music was carp. I need something to kick start me out of this rut.

What about the Beatles/bowie approach - grab a news paper and write about what you read.

? ? ? ? ? ?

or try writing something in a musical style that you wouldn’t normally do. Reggae, or a ballad, or glam rock, or disco, or acoustic or something. Listen to a load of examples and see if you can copy the ideas.

or maybe we should each take a song written by someone else on the forum and re-record in our style?

:agree:
Quote: (Mark A @ Mar. 25 2011, 10:56 PM)

or maybe we should each take a song written by someone else on the forum and re-record in our style?

Done it :whistle:

Mark, Tony…name that writer. A few years ago now!

Glimpse Of The Buddha

TomS? Love your next track - missed the title re failing craptop monitor.

Quote: (Willy Eckerslike @ Mar. 26 2011, 8:07 AM)

Mark, Tony.......name that writer. A few years ago now!

Glimpse Of The Buddha

Man, what an excellent 3 chord tune! :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree:

Hi Willy Eckerslike:

Great song
:agree: The drums and bass track show nice disipline for the fill and backing tracks…
That’s a top mix, as well…
:) well done…

Bill…

Quote: (TonyR @ Mar. 26 2011, 5:06 PM)

TomS? Love your next track - missed the title re failing craptop monitor.

Tom S indeedy! Next track is Memphis Melody....I'm guilty of that one :whistle:
Quote: (TomS @ Mar. 26 2011, 7:30 PM)

Quote: (Willy Eckerslike @ Mar. 26 2011, 8:07 AM)

Mark, Tony.......name that writer. A few years ago now!

Glimpse Of The Buddha

Man, what an excellent 3 chord tune!

And who needs more than 3? :whistle:
Quote: (woxnerw @ Mar. 27 2011, 2:36 AM)

Hi Willy Eckerslike:

Great song
:agree: The drums and bass track show nice disipline for the fill and backing tracks..
That's a top mix, as well..
:)
well done..

Bill..

Hey Bill, you can still call me Bruffie if u want :D

Thanks for the comments, the tune was all Mr Spademans :agree: He really is an excellent writer. If anything the mix is probably more simplistic than Toms original, the bass line is what really struck me.
I was gonna do a Tom S tribute album, but only got 3 tracks done. Maybe a tribute EP! :)

Tom…one of Status Quo’s recent albums was called “In Search Of The Fourth Chord” :laugh:

However, it’s pretty good album.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qceqvbGtgXk

Well, I spent the weekend in my free moments writing technopop and hip hop beats and some basic directions accompanying them so the middle school kids can learn to do it on their own. :) I really need to crank up the guitar today.

Quote: (TomS @ Mar. 27 2011, 7:58 AM)

Well, I spent the weekend in my free moments writing technopop and hip hop beats and some basic directions accompanying them so the middle school kids can learn to do it on their own.
:)
I really need to crank up the guitar today.

I feel for you :D