http://video.google.com/videopl…ukulele

:D

That was really beautiful.

KingFish

That’s too cool! :blues:

keep shinin’

jerm :cool:

Isn’t that something? :)

IT would take me too long to buffer IT… modem-and-all… But, if I’m correct… is this your new instrument speaking? Or was IT a mandolin? You got…

Bill…

If I don’t get me a Hi-Speed wire into this place… :O :(

Lovely. GH would be impressed; he loved the ukelele and played it very well. Not a lot of people know that.
TB

It’s a video of this guy named jake playing a george harrison song on uke - and playing the snot out of it too. :)

I did not know GH played Uke! :)

The Uke was George’s instrument of choice in later years. Pick up the Concert for George DVD. It’s very moving to hear so many of his songs in one place. He was overshadowed by Lennon-McCartney but was no less a wonderful writer.

Quote (phoo @ Mar. 17 2006,11:06)
The Uke was George's instrument of choice in later years. Pick up the Concert for George DVD. It's very moving to hear so many of his songs in one place. He was overshadowed by Lennon-McCartney but was no less a wonderful writer.

McCartney did a very nice tribute to George during his concert here a couple of years ago. Told the story of how, whenever you went to George's house for dinner, afterwards the ukeleles would come out and they'd all play and sing. McCartney then did "Something" on the ukelele dedicated to George. Good stuff.

Concert for George DVD, MOST EXCELLANT!

Does his son look like him or what!

“To this day, if I ever meet grown-ups who play ukuleles, I love ’em.”
- Paul McCartney discussing Julia Lennon.

Forgive my ignorance, but isn’t a uke exclusively 4-stringed? The one in the video has six.

There can be many difference configs and tunings.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ukulele

Thanks phoo - my bad.

Not bad. Normal. I’m still trying to figure out why a 4 string nylon string tenor guitar isn’t a type of ukulele. Looks like baritone uke to me with an possible alternate tuning. Maybe it has something to do with the songs played. Maybe it’s just something to argue about. :)