Unfinished Business - 70's piano song

Colloboration?

I’ve got this unfinished piano song that I started writing in the 70’s (which is why it sounds like it’s from the 70’s) and never finshed it. However, I always like the basic progression(s) so I’d like to finish but I need help. Here’s a very (very) rough take of the basic parts to the song. Note - I didn’t rehearse the peice alot so it has mistakes.

With the recent talk of colloboration, I thought - hey maybe someone(s) might be interested in helping me finish writing & recording this piece.

The song needs lyrics, vocals, arrangement, etc. There are really only 3 parts to the song which I’d like to basically keep if possible.

I’m out of town next week but if you have time to listen to it, go to

Unfinished Piano piece

In any event, please let me know if you are interested.

Where is Billy Joel when you really need him?

Mike you know I wouldn’t mind lending my talents (tee hee), but to be honest my schedule is maxed right now.

I like it though, :)

Your add leaves a little to be desired however.
For example,
You don’t leave a link to the file itself should someone want to work with it.
Also some back round info would help. eg. chord progression, BPM.
Most guys are using wma lossless for collabs FYI.

keep shinin’

jerm

:cool:

Jerm - you can get the .mp3 file associated with this by getting to my SoundClick space (click on Cressey) on the SoundClick player.

The first thing the song needs is some lyrics & medley. Yeah - Billy Joel could help for sure!

Quote (Mr Soul @ Feb. 19 2007,01:06)
Jerm - you can get the .mp3 file associated with this by getting to my SoundClick space (click on Cressey) on the SoundClick player.

The first thing the song needs is some lyrics & medley. Yeah - Billy Joel could help for sure!

Yeah I didn't think of that.

However it has been my experience at least from over at CC, that you want to make it as easy as you can when asking people to collab.
That and the problems that are notorious with MP3's, being, when you convert them into wav. format (or whatever editing tool format one is using) they loose timing.
So if someone was to try and snap this to a grid, (even without the BPM being given) it would start to fall off around the minute marker as those little bits of data slowly drift off.
Not that this is a jazzy off tempo song or anything complicated, but the chords as well would be handy, even for a singer who is used to working off charts to determine the range for the performance.

Mike honestly your a professional, and if you want to attract professionals to the table you have to present a method that is such.

keep shinin'

jerm

:cool:

I was going to work out the chords and transcribe it for you Jeremy, but the site won’t let me download the MP3 unless I give them my email address and a whole bunch of personal information.

Screw that.

Quote (Guest @ Feb. 19 2007,18:54)
I was going to work out the chords and transcribe it for you Jeremy, but the site won't let me download the MP3 unless I give them my email address and a whole bunch of personal information.

Screw that.

Thanks shug for the offer.

As I said before much too busy right now.

I was only suggesting things for Mike so that others may be able to do so easily and professionally.

keep shinin'

jerm :)

OK Mike, the melody is there in the song, but I’d really like to be able to download it without giving the story of my life to the site.

Anyway, lyrics:

I’ve got a basic idea, and a basic theme and feel.

The hook is; “looking for my hide-away”.

So, lines like:

looking for a hide-away, can’t stand another day now,
feeling low, but can’t look high, no
clouds and fear, they fill my sky, so
I really need, my hide-away now.

And so on…

Anyway, if you like the “music to slash your wrists by” feeling, :D, post the wavs somewhere I can easily download them. :)

Oh yeah, the 3 sections are nice, but probably better in a:

ABACA sort of arrangement. :)

Shug & Jerm - thanks for the interest in the song. Send me a message on this board with your email & I’ll send you the clip directly. I forgot that SoundClick does that.

I like the ideas presented so far! The hideaway theme sounds just fine to me. I’d love to hear the melody with the chords.

Shug et al - I’m still interesting in collaboration on this song if you’re into it. I’d email you but you are not registered.

Please let me know. Thanks!