Update and Get Over It

Slow Boogie

You can find it here if your interested http://www.myspace.com/levistringer
It should be at the top of the list.
I had a ball workin this one.

In the song that I did with our good buddy Spreader, I stumbled onto a new vane for soloing a little faster.
So I milked it on this song and to my surprise I’ve transcended with my soloing.
It’s a good step for me.
All because of something Ange said about taking time with writing.
I’m not to sure about the mix but I’m happy with the song.
All of you influanced me in some way or another. Any suggestions are welcome.
:agree:

Quote:

influanced

i still haven't influenced you in spelling.

like the vibe.

impossible to critique the mix from myspace.com

Quote: (john doe's evil twin @ Oct. 28 2009, 5:43 PM)

like the vibe.

impossible to critique the mix from myspace.com

Thanks Jason! I've noticed a few hick'ups from myspace, stopping it 2/3 of the way etc.
I'll upload to soundclick. Also if you wouldn't mind considering upgrading the bass part?
Just a thought, don't worry if your not into it or have the time etc.

Sorry Jason it’s to big for soundclick.

Quote: (john doe's evil twin @ Oct. 28 2009, 5:18 PM)

Quote:

influanced

i still haven't influenced you in spelling.

Jason are you quazy?
That's spelled with a southern accent.
What? You want me to sound like an Englishman? :laugh:

Try streaming it here: UPDATE AND GET OVER IT

well, that sounds a lot better than myspace.

i always though (from all the time hanging out in austin on 6th street) that shuffle blues like this always had a definite, ‘built-in’ bass technique. as long as you hit it, you were good to go. i don’t know that i could do much better if i re-recorded the bass track, other than give it a different tone or do it on the fretless. neither would automatically upgrade, and might very well detract. my only comment is that the bass tone gets a little indistinct in the mix, only because i’m used to mixing it harsh and bright.

Quote: (john doe's evil twin @ Oct. 29 2009, 7:51 PM)

well, that sounds a lot better than myspace.

i always though (from all the time hanging out in austin on 6th street) that shuffle blues like this always had a definite, 'built-in' bass technique.
as long as you hit it, you were good to go.
i don't know that i could do much better if i re-recorded the bass track, other than give it a different tone or do it on the fretless.
neither would automatically upgrade, and might very well detract.

Right! Didn't mean to put you on the spot but wondered if you had an other bass ideas than what I was doing. I have to agree, that's what I would have said too. I've got a few more production Ideas and I'll try to tweek the tone a little. Wondering if the bass only gets lost during the vocal areas where I dropped the volume a little? I appreciate your comments hoss!

i’m not sure, but i don’t think the bass gets lost because of volume issues, i think it’s because the tone is so subtle hat it falls to the back of the mix. maybe further investigation would change my mind, but that was my first impression. or it may be the density/eq overlapping of the rest of the instruments.

I didn’t particularly care for it.

:agree: Thx for the listen and the feedback
Quote: (Levi @ Nov. 02 2009, 7:40 PM)

:agree: Thx for the listen

Well it wasn't exactly feedback