UPDATE

I think I am going to sell off the Mackie, and the Eurotrack and get an Allen and Heath Mixwizard, it has direct outs on each channel and inserts…solving that problem of having a rack splitter and possibly loosing signal!

I would really rather go with a soundcraft model (or even the Mackie Onyx) I eventually will get a Delta Ave for the studio but sadly they do not have the outputs I need, 4 AUX buses just ain’t gonna cut it, I need a minimum of 8 feeds off the board for the monitor mixes along with the inserts for FX.

keep shinin

jerm :cool:

be sure you check where that direct out is comming from.

post fader or pre? post insert or pre? post eq or pre? post gain or pre?

could make a world of difference.

I’ve seen the mix wizard used for monitors, then the direct outs go the FOH board. Is that what you’re planning to do?

Quote: (michaelST @ Nov. 10 2009, 9:21 AM)

be sure you check where that direct out is comming from.

post fader or pre?
post insert or pre? post eq or pre? post gain or pre?

could make a world of difference.

I've seen the mix wizard used for monitors, then the direct outs go the FOH board.
Is that what you're planning to do?

Those are some good questions.

I'm am not sure how much difference that would make, the signal is then going through a 50 ft mono 8 channel snake to a line mixer beforeit is summed into the various monitor mixes....(Shure wireless system)

Actually I was gonna use the mixwizard as the main board (three piece band) for live gigs. (and possible utilize it in the studio for various mixes that require signals to go through rack hardware)

I have more detail about this set up in another thread...which was were I thought I was posting this "update" but somehow it became it's own thread....

MOd, please consolidate these threads to one.....Oh that's right, we don't have a mod anymore.....barnacles. :heart-break:

keep shinin

It’s a toss up between a Crest Sp24, an Allen Heath Mixwiz and a
Ramsa WR-S4424, they were the only boards I could find in my price range with that fill my routing needs for live set up.
The MAkies have gone down hills in reliability since the V series and the lower portable models just don’t have independent outs on each channel.
I am still not completely closed to a Soundcraft Model (I do love their low noise level) but most of the portables they make only have 1/4 inch outs for the mains! what is that all about? I mean most snakes have XLR returns…and all of my rack processing gear for the mains is XLR.

keep shinin