Upgrade problem 6.0.9  Vista 32  bit

Anyone have aclean uninstall that works?

Hi I’m running Vista Home Premium on a Dell PC and can’t get a completely clean uninstall of N.
I have errors when scanning vsts which occurred on the previous version and now have no playback volume when I can load a song.

The errors see Error pic relate to a skins file? I use the default skin only.

If I re-install it comes up again. Any ideas?
Cheers Barry

Hi barryMK:

Interesting…

Could it be that you have a .dll in the VST folder that n-Track doesn’t recognize ?
If so, Go to C > Program files > fasoft > VST Folder and check… Just check to see what non-fasoft .DLL’s are in there…

Then delete any VST .dll that still remains in that folder or any other place that VST .DLL’s may be…
There may be a better way to do this, but after you delete the VST applications that you have you may have to re-install those VST plugs…

I hope I’m offering the way to do this that wouldn’t cause issues down-the-road…
Just a suggestion…
???
:)
:p

Another way to look into this is, to write Flavio some mail and see if he can offer you a way to get this fixed…

Bill…

Hi Bill

Tried your suggestion thanks but same result. Even after as clean an uninstall/re-install as I can manage the problem persists. I’ll drop a line to Flavio and see what he suggests. Cheers barry

Bill I fixed the first problem, I found the missing skin.xml file and created a new folder in VSTPlugins to recreate all that was missing. That fixed the error messages but I can only get sound out ofWDM drivers at present, ASIOFORALL no longer works,
thanks I think to a Dell driver upgrade. Should take a while to fix…I could be tracking.

Hi barryMK:

Thanks for posting your progress…
Good-for-You…
Keep at it…
You’ll get it figured out…
I hope sooner-than-later…
I can only think that your learning curve is on a steep up-ward slope…
If it levels off or starts a downward slope post back here again…
I wouldn’t be able to help…
BUT…
someone here may be able to …

I’ll back you up till your nose bleeds…
:)
:agree:

Bill…