upgrade problem

won’t upgrade, because I need Windows In

Whenever i try to upgrade, i get error message saying i need to have Windows Installer. So, instead, i have to do a regular download. Anyone know how to fix this problem?
Thx,
Jeff

Hi jeffw:
I think, if you go to MicroSoft, you’ll find Windows Installer v3.1 (k something-or-other)… If you have that application on your computer you’ll be able to install n-Track… Look in your add-and-remove software folder to see if you have it in there…

Bill…

Here you go (assuming you have WinXp - there another one for earlier versions of Windows)…
http://www.microsoft.com/downloa…lang=en
Or…
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/893803

Thank You phoo:
It’s good you put those links up… It’d take me forever to find them and then be able to point to them… I’d forget what I was trying to do before I could find them and post them…

Bill…

Thanks! I shouldve told you i have XP SP2. Also, last nite, i checked and i do have windows installer 3.1, plus .net 2.0 runtime. I went ahead and re-downloaded windows installer and rebooted, but when i try to upgrade n-track, i get same result: error saying that i need windows installer or that the installer is improperly installed. Any more ideas?
Thx,
Jeff

Hi jeffw:
That ain’t sounding good… I’d think about going into your Add-and-Remove folder and removing windows installer from your registry and then re-installing it again… But before you do, do a system back-up so you can return to the restore point/date you create before you do the deed… Anything you do to that registry can cause all kinds of things… Boy… I hate fooling around with anything to do with your desk… There’s all kinds of guys up here that might be help to your issue… The “Large” download that Flavio has on the the download page should work… I installed it once… But just once… After that I’ve only downloaded the “Small” download… It sounds like some kind of “Installer” corruption? But I don’t know much more than that… Sorry…

Bill…

Thx Bill. I re-installed Installer, but didnt uninstall it first, so i’ll try that this week. I have no problem doing a fresh install each time with the bid download, but i’d prefer the upgrade.
Jeff