Upgrades-No notice or explanation??

Only Flavio knows this…

I notice that a new build appears every so many days, the most recent being 1733, but if I click “What changed” the list of changes by build skips several builds, often never explaining the current build. For instance, the list explains the changes in builds 1715, 1721, 1728 and 1730, but not those in between and, as of now, not the latest build #1733.

I am careful to not just upgrade every time a build comes out, chosing to wait to see if others report any bugs. Of course, if we all did that, we would never upgrade. :) It would be helpful to know if a new build fixes a bug, or just adds a feature I may not care about.

Also, I signed up for email notification of upgrades, but I have not received emails about the latest builds.

I am new to n-Track, so I don’t know if this is common practice, of if Flavio is dealing with workload issues that keep him from updating the information on the website and sending out the email notices.

Flavio, please comment for me and others that may want to know.

Thanks!

Usually he sends update e-mails only if the version number changes a decimal place. So from 4.0 to 4.1 he would send an e-mail, but not for all the tweaks in between. AT least this is the pattern I have noticed.

Also there may be some builds that are just not released publicly.
So we may see build 1728, Flavio produces build 1729, does further work and produces build 1730 and releases that but 1729 never gets to see the light of day.

This has been brought up before–see the discussion here. Flavio didn’t make an official statement, but maybe it wasn’t that important–just a curiosity.

Tony