use of old & new version of n-track on same pc

Can I perform a clean installation of a new version of n-track (version 4 & up) leaving the old one as it is, so that I can choose which one to use for a certain project, or uninstall the new one in case I don´t like it without changes?

im thinkin not,my experience was that when i loaded newer version it changed my old one as well,

The V4 installer uninstalls previous versions so you don’t get a choice.

There were issues running V3 & V4 initially with icon resource files; not sure if they ever got resolved.

Forgot: What two versions are you trying to run together?

I kept the older version(2.?) when I installed my latest (3.3). I thought I would use it for old projects. But, every time I tried to use it I had problems of one sort or another. I think there are just too many conflicts. I still have the older version on the PC, but just night before last it caused me to have to do a system restore because of a missing VST and invalid format error notice. I had tried to run an old rebirth file, I think, and it called up the old version of Ntrack. Everytime I started my latest version of Ntrack, the PC would crank up the old one. I couldn’t get rid of the error messages and/or find the point at which the PC wanted to even look for the old version (.exe was pointing to the new version). So I did a system restore to the day before and everything is hunky-dorey again…but, that old version HAS TO GO…probably toooonight!!! I should have done it sooner. I have saved everything anyway, so I can always get all of my tracks back if I ever need them.

So, in my opinion, yeah - you can keep it, but its not a good idea. Imagine having two different versions of ANY program on the same PC… probably be a big headache in any case.

cliff
:cool:

I suppose you have newer versions than what I run. So my previous post is FWIW.

cliff
:cool:

Quote (XonXoff @ Aug. 18 2006,08:03)
Forgot: What two versions are you trying to run together?

trying to run v 3.2.3 b 1495 along with the latest v. 4 for example

I requested the update codes for v4, and asked Flavio if I could run 3.3 and 4.2.1 on same box simultaneously.

He said no, it cannot be done.

I had tried, before I asked, and indeed, it was all goofed up.

Quote (pjk @ Aug. 18 2006,14:53)
I requested the update codes for v4, and asked Flavio if I could run 3.3 and 4.2.1 on same box simultaneously.

He said no, it cannot be done.

I had tried, before I asked, and indeed, it was all goofed up.

thanx pjk