User since version 1.1.6

N-Track versions

HI all,
I’ve been a user since 1.1.6 and I recently upgraded to 4.05 and was blown away. The ONLY reason I upgraded was for vst instrument and rewire support. ( I recently got into keys) I’ve never been to these forums before because I simply never had to…press record and go. It’s funny to think that I was multi-tracking on a measly 300mhz emachine with 32 megs of ram back in the day lol. Just wanted to say thanks Flavio for making such a cool product that’s also affordable. :D

Hi Cyber :D

Welcome to the forum thing, their are lotsa nice folks here with lotsa great info should you need any assistance.

Ted

Quote (cyberpunx @ July 02 2005,14:10)
HI all,
I've been a user since 1.1.6 and I recently upgraded to 4.05 and was blown away. The ONLY reason I upgraded was for vst instrument and rewire support. ( I recently got into keys) I've never been to these forums before because I simply never had to...press record and go. It's funny to think that I was multi-tracking on a measly 300mhz emachine with 32 megs of ram back in the day lol. Just wanted to say thanks Flavio for making such a cool product that's also affordable. :D

I'm still running a 300mhz system with 56mb ram and ntrack 2.3 and loving every bit of it :) It really is a large part of the studio all in this little machine.

Thanks for the welcome Ted, and Dark, I wouldn’t have bothered upgrading had I not gotten into the keyboard thing. Those vst synths are cpu hungry beasts!

200 MHz! n-Track is the only multi-tracker I’ve tried that’s not too sluggish to use, and it works great for a good dozen tracks. Good job!

I’m another guy from the version 1 days. These days I record on an Alesis HD24 and edit on nuendo, but I still look back on this forum from time to time where so many here (Bill Wall , Jezar, Archie, Mike Erwin) and others all helped me so much.

Flavio rocks and so does this great forum!

:cool:

Cyberpunx,
I had a measly 350mhz emachine until recently, and our band recorded an album on it with n-track. We’re just local guys and have sold just 200 copies at the bars we play; but it’s a darn good little album. People think the sound quality is great. We’re very grateful for what n-track has allowed us to do. I tell every musician I know about n-track.

Hello Guys

I’ve also been a user since the 1.x days! I’ve been away from recording for a bit, and this seems to be the place to post a few ??? concerning “modest” setups like mine. I recently got into MIDI, my brother turned me on to a nice Roland KR-570; probably the most expensive part of my rig at this stage. For now, I’m simply importing some nice midi files I have and throwing on a few audio tracks to get some practice. I’ve got a decent processor, 1G PIII and plenty of memory I think, (384?) mb. And a clean 40G partition to work with! I’ve got an ancient 4MB Diamond Stealth display card and the same for the sound, a Creative AWE 64 both are ISA cards! I’ve turned off most of the unecessary graphics for now! When I try to mixdown the MIDI tracks to WAV, it goes through the motions but I get a “flat lined” WAV file, no data. Apparently the AWE 64 can not record the MIDI data! The card is full-duplex (believe it or not) so that’s not the problem. I’ve also turned off the built in synth in the card because I have a nice Lexicon Alex synth in the Roland. Does anyone have any secrets as to how to overcome the limitations of the AWE 64 so I can mixdown my project and create MP3 versions?