Using 2 screens for N-Track

I just installed 2 video cards into my system to use 2 monitors for N-Track. How do I get images up on both monitors from N? Is there some way of splitting up the image to have tracks on one and mixer channels and other stuff on the other one?

Any and all input is appreciated. I’m also leaving now, so if you ask me a question, I won’t be able to respond to it until later. Thanks,

Jeff

If you have extended your windows desktop across both monitors you should be able to just drag the windows where you want them (you might have to undock them first…)

This is how I have my windows arranged across 2 monitors

It’s handy always being able to see the timeline and if I use any plugins I have the plugin GUI on the right screen over the top of the mixer so I can still jump around the timeline easily whilst adjusting teh plugin settings.

Rich

I just got a 19" TFT monitor. Now I want 2.

That’s exactly what I want to do. Think you could share some detail on how you accomplished this? How do you unlock the monitors? I’ve been all over the settings and haven’t seen anything like that yet.

Jeff

Hey all! Just got my problem solved. I’m now 2 screened! This ought to be good. Thanks for your help.

Jeff

Once you’re used to a dual screen setup you’ll never want to go back to single.

I have a 19" crt, but in retrospect two 17"s side by side (like I have at work) will be waaaaay better.

I’ve made the mistake to look at something I recorded at home on my dual setup at work. 1st time I was on the home PC I wanted dual screen again…

Just go 2 x 19" at home Wihan!!! :)

My 2 17" crt’s are good but I would really like 2 flat panel lcd’s (17" would be fine for me) as the crt’s take up a LOT of desk space…

Once LCD’s come down a bit more in price I’ll be looking to upgrade… It’s just that to upgrade I have to shell out for not just 1, but 2 of the suckers…

I’ve got a 17" and a 15" connected up, and the 15" is causing a vertically ascending humbar through the 17" monitor. I think I’ll be replacing it before too long. It also causes my guitars to hum like crazy too. Right now, I just turn it off when I’m not doing anything with the mixer or the input selects. That seems to help.

Quote (RichLum @ May 29 2006,19:22)
Just go 2 x 19" at home Wihan!!! :)

My 2 17" crt's are good but I would really like 2 flat panel lcd's (17" would be fine for me) as the crt's take up a LOT of desk space...

Once LCD's come down a bit more in price I'll be looking to upgrade... It's just that to upgrade I have to shell out for not just 1, but 2 of the suckers...

Two 19's ? That'll be sweet...

But like you my life is also governed by my monetary status (or lack therof :p )

In South Africa the difference between 17" and 19" LCD is ZAR1500 or ZAR3000.

Then two 17"'s is better that one 19"

But when I win the lotto ...

W.

How can I ever get beyond these CRT’s I have if I’m replacing failed motherboards and old and outdated P-111’s and P-4’s :O :p

kjaerhusaudio has posted a sale on this Mastering plugin… I’d like to order the Pro version but as I pass the bucket around, there ain’t no loonies going into the bucket… and my lotto #'s have been forgotten about, as well…

Whoo-is-Me… ??? :( ???

Bill…

I wonder if I have to have a video card with two separate outputs, or if the onboard video card will allow me to have another video card installed and make up two outputs in that way? ???

regards, Nils

Bill, I know a couple of loonies who’d probably dive into your bucket (if they were high enough) but I’m afraid that wouldn’t get you any closer to a new monitor! :D

Nils, you can install two video cards, but it gets a bit more complicated to set up. I haven’t ever done it, but I know folks have. Also, there are progams you can buy to help manage it – which might be proof that it’s not very convenient.

Here’s what I did - Cost effective to say the least -
I found some bad Dell P1110 21 inch flat screens. The P1110 (made 2000/2003) had an inherent resistor problem. Over time, the screen just gets brighter and brighter until you can hardly see anything. Everyone assumes that it is expensive to fix and they buy a new monitor. In truth it takes less than 5 minutes and costs about 10 cents to fix.
Anyway, I picked up 2 of these “broken” monitors for FREE just for removing them. I have heard that others have paid 10 bucks each for them. I added a new resistor and now they are perfect! Then I went to eBay and picked up a Matrox Dual Head (G-450) for 20 bucks + shipping. XP has the drivers for this card so no problem there. I went into XP control panel and enabled the “2 monitor” option and viola - I couldn’t be happier. The monitors are very cool. Each monitor can accept 2 computers and have a switch on the front to control which computer you want to use. Simple and cool!
Fixing the monitors:
Here is a link for step by step repair.
http://www.hutzelman.com/home/hardware/mods/monitor/
It’s actually easier than the instructions say. You do not have to remove the old resistor, just solder a 10 mOh resistor to the old one (Parallel, 'cause the original is also 10 mOh). This makes it 5 mOh. That’s it! The only trouble is now you will need enough desk space for these monitors. They are large!
Good Luck - They made truckloads of those monitors so I know they are out there! It’s an easy fix. The whole project cost me less than 30 bucks!
Michael

Quote (Nils K @ May 30 2006,07:17)
I wonder if I have to have a video card with two separate outputs, or if the onboard video card will allow me to have another video card installed and make up two outputs in that way? ???

regards, Nils

I have in my old PIII one AGP and one PCI. Dont know when the video card is on-board (built-in the motherboard), if you can add it or disable the onboard one in the bios.

Ah – didn’t quite read the question carefully enough.

On many MOBOs, if you install an AGP card it disables the MOBO graphics chips. If yours is that way, you’d need to get a PCI card instead. You’d need to look at the MOBO documentation to be sure.