Using reverb in an Aux channel

Should you only use the wet part

Hi,

A quick question on the use of n-track’s reverb plug-in in an Aux channel.

I assume it’s best to use the wet output only since the dry signal remains available and controlled by the original track fader.

The reason I’m asking is that, at present, my mixes include a dry signal from the reverb unit AS WELL and I wondered if this might be causing unwanted effects of some sort.

Thanks

Mike

Hi Mike:
This post could start quite a discussion on this topic… ???

<!–QuoteBegin>

I assume it’s best to use the wet output only since the dry signal remains available and controlled by the original track fader.

If my thoughts on this are accurate, then, several conditions apply to the product of the track or tracks… A couple of them being… Phase Relationship, across the frequency bandwidth, and Amplitude of various harmonic content due to latencies, etc…

That’s a Heavy Though… ???

<!–QuoteBegin>
The reason I’m asking is that, at present, my mixes include a dry signal from the reverb unit AS WELL and I wondered if this might be causing unwanted effects of some sort

In my opinon, it’s not what you do to the track… It’s how the track sounds, when you get it there… Well…

Bill…

Mike, your assumption is correct. :)

I assume it's best to use the wet output only since the dry signal remains available and controlled by the original track fader.

Weeellllll, given that you can have the aux send and returns pre and/or post fader that can depend... I usually have the aux pre fader so that I can get my reverb in proportion to the track and then adjust the overall level of both with the main fader, if that makes sense.

Mind, post fader is probably of more use in the context of a song...

Thanks Guys!

Mike, why aren’t you using SIR? ???

:)