V 6.0.3 2443 File Menu Crash

Program crashes when “File” is clicked.

I upgraded to 2443 from a slightly earlier build last night. Now, when I click on “File”, the program pauses then crashes before displaying the drop-down menu.

I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled earlier versions, including the most recent stable release, but now they all suffer the same problem.

I’ve reinstalled C++ Runtime 2008, but that didn’t fix anything. And I’ve re-enabled my prefetch in the reg, but that hasn’t sorted the problem, either.

Anyone encounter (and fix) this problem before?

Cheers,
F

Mine has no problem… Vista Home Premium laptop.

n could be looking for a file or dir/folder you had last loaded and moved? Don’t know what else it would crash over at a simple click on file.

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Feb. 04 2009, 10:32 PM)

Mine has no problem..... Vista Home Premium laptop.

n could be looking for a file or dir/folder you had last loaded and moved? Don't know what else it would crash over at a simple click on file.

Yes, agreed. That was my first thought too. N shouldn't crash though.

Try clearing the n-track registry key and the ini files (not sure about the details of this - not used n-track 6).

Thanks guys.

I’ve restored global defaults, but that isn’t helping.

…I wonder which reg keys need a looking-at.

Cheers,
F

I hope you are sending the dump file to Flavio . . .

you need to reset to default - then re-boot - if that doesnt work you will have to force disk checker by pulling the mains plug - N may have crashed and fouled up Windows - disk check may be the only way to restore Windows to correct operation -

M.R.

Okay, I’ll run a chkdsk /r from repair console.

Yep, I’ve sent a dmp to Flavio.

Cheers, mates.

No, chkdsk /r didn’t help.

I’m hoping Flavio will have some good advice.

F

Try re-naming the n-track config file and then starting n-track:

C:\Documents and Settings[your login here]\Application Data
-Track Studio6
-track2.cfg

If you rename it and it makes no difference you can put the old config file back.

I’m getting all kinds of shuts and freezes with 2442, it’s getting irritating.

Quote: (Fuggle_Hop @ Feb. 04 2009, 4:01 PM)

I upgraded to 2443 from a slightly earlier build last night. Now, when I click on "File", the program pauses then crashes before displaying the drop-down menu.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled earlier versions, including the most recent stable release, but now they all suffer the same problem.

I've reinstalled C++ Runtime 2008, but that didn't fix anything. And I've re-enabled my prefetch in the reg, but that hasn't sorted the problem, either.

Anyone encounter (and fix) this problem before?

Cheers,
F

The problem should be fixed in build 2446. It was a particularly nasty bug because it caused a crash only on some configurations of Windows XP.
If you try it please let me know if you still see the problem with the new build.

Flavio.

Woohoo! All fixed.

Thanks, Flavio!
F