V2655 Install problems

Will not allow custom directory

V2655 will not allow for custom install to a directory of your choice (Winxp SP3). It defaults to c:\program files. My OS drive is small but fast and so I never, whenever possible, try not to install anything on my OS drive. I have several dedicated drives for apps/daw. It would be nice to have this functionality back as it is dearly missed.

PACO

V2670 beta same thing, no option for custom install.
V2655 64bit does.
PACO

Hi Paco. Are we worried about your system?

Quote: (TonyR @ Dec. 17 2010, 5:17 PM)

Hi Paco. Are we worried about your system?

Are we?

I just like to be able to maintain some level of control, or there is no control.

PACO

I have to agree - I don’t understand the need for a program to Have to install in a particular place.
Just a Thought - have you tried deleting the old n-track program files from the control panel to see if the option appears if N_Track doesn’t do the uninstall? Of course, if that were true seems like it would have put N_track on the other location the first time.
I am not sure, but I believe that having all the exe files on one drive is suppose to make things work better ( doesn’t seem right to me). And Like I said it, should always be My choice. Personally, I have given up fighting MS for where it wants to put files. Seems like they want everything on the C: drive and if you have to format that because the operating system has a problem, then you can end up losing everything unless you back up to a completely different drive. I’m trying to use Windows 7 and at least it lets me “redirect” using from a “Library” to data on different drives. Because I have given up to the default, I’m don’t have any idea how long n-track has been loading without an option to select the locating. It would be interesting to hear why that option disappeared. Fortunately, N_track is not a very large program and you can still direct the recordings where yu want.
You might email Flavio at his support and seee what he sayd . . .
Bax

Quote: (bax3 @ Dec. 17 2010, 7:02 PM)

I have to agree - I don't understand the need for a program to Have to install in a particular place.
Just a Thought - have you tried deleting the old n-track program files from the control panel to see if the option appears if N_Track doesn't do the uninstall?
Bax

Yes I tried that, removed directories as well. Seems to be only certain builds. I saw a bug report it as well at the bugzilla reporting page. I'm hoping Flavio will correct the situation soon. I can at least save my songs where I want.

PACO