v4.1.2 and v5.0.1 both installed..

Possible corruptiopn?

Hi n-Trackers:
I’d like to remove/uninstall v4.1.2 build 2099 from my P-111 editing machine. There may be some interaction between build 2099 and the latest build-and-version of v5.0.1 that I have installed on this machine… I’m not sure of this but I’m not using build 2099 anymore, and… who knows what will happen if I just remove the older version without putting some thought into this?

[EDIT]
I’m struggling with procedures of editing with the latest builds of n-Track that I never had to deal with or never had to think about with using earlier versions-and-builds of n-Track, in the past…

“DOC”… I have your PM that you sent over to me, earlier today… I got involved with other things today and I wasn’t able to reply to your mail… I’ve sent Flavio some support mail and he has replied to the mail I sent over to him regarding the issues I have…

I just downloaded the latest build (2172) I’m gonna install it and then go back to the editing procedures I’m dealing with… If it’s alright with you guys and Flavio I’ll open a new topic and attempt to deal with any issues that arise as they may if the latest build behaves as the recent ones have…

I’ll post print screens as any questions show themselves… If they don’t appear then I have discovered what I was doing wrong and or is now working…

[END EDIT]

I am frightened that if I remove build 2099 that I may have issues with the VST folder of v5.0.1… and maybe other after-the-fact issues that may develop if I go ahead and do the task…

Both v4 and v5 of n-Track appears in the Add/Remove folder of the control panel…

Do any of you have any advice as to how I might proceed with the build 2099 and it’s safe removal and what if anything I should “SAVE” from the build before I go into the Add-and-Remove folder and proceed with build 2099 removal?

Bill…

Bill

I’ve had both Ntrack 4 and 5 on my system, and I have noticed that, by default, ntrack 5 still looks in the N track 4 directory for VSTs and VSTis. Flavio probably set it up this way to ensure backward compatibility and to allow Versions 4 and 5 to coexist gracefully. If you remove Version 4, I would be careful about deleting the version 4 directory until I exerimented a little with how well N-track deals with moving plugin .dll files to new subdirectories.
Probably someone else has tried this and will chime in.

T

Hi tspringer:
I’ve taken my “Quiet-Down Lumps” today… I’m sorry for “Ranting” like I did for the past few days… Nothing comes “Easy” anymore… What a struggle I’ve caused on myself…

That’s why a system of naming the songs I’m editing in n-Track is becoming so important to me and this set-up…

I’d like to see if Flavio could improve the system of naming-and-filing work on a hard drive…

I am busy in the studio editing track 8 of this project… I am at build 2172 and all is fine. The issues I’ve experienced was with re-naming .sng and .wav files… There is two different approaches I take to “Building” upon editing songs… If I have to shut the editing down to do something else with the DAW I’d like to know the latest most recent task I’ve done with the song I last worked with… That means I can’t do much with the alpha naming of the song. So, it has to go numerically progressive… The title of the song I’ve been working on today is “Who Ever Finds This” So, I’ve worked out a process of numbering the “Edit Process” I’m at “05_03_mix 03” Whatever that means… At least I can go to the last edit process and pick the song up from that point in the process, when I go back to the editing of that song.

I have now arrived to a “WANT LIST” for Flavio to consider in some future version/build of n-Track…

I have several hard drives in each of the DAW’s I use here in this setup…

Having said that… It was a topic of discussion way back when… It would be nice to have some kind of configurable “Naming System” that would automatically re-name .sng and .wav files when your in the creative mode… This would help focus on the creativity as opposed to re-naming files in some kind of logical order… You can’t alpha name the files that you work on when editing… So… some kind of “AUTO-Numerical” progressive naming system would or might work quite well by “Mouse-Clicking” or a “Keyboard Command” one would be able to auto-re-name an edited file with-out leaving the creative mode or walking and chewing gum at the same time…

I’m not sure how much coding it would take, but it would sure work nice in the set-up I have here… If something like that could be worked out…

I’m downloading build 2173 My dial-up takes some time to download one of these builds…

Each of my DAWs have both versions installed on them… If I open v 4 and import a .wav file onto the timeline All is fine till I press the “PLAY” button… All that happens is… n-Track closes from the desk. I’m left looking at a windows desk…

My thoughts are… If I remove v4 from one of these DAWs I could be Wagging-the-Bull-by-the-Tail… I’d like to remove v4 but I don’t want to cause any undue stress on my brain…

Bill…

Hi Bill

Having sorted my v4 / V5 problems i suggest that if they are working correctly that you leave your V4 on your PC, your not going to gain much by removing it (it only takes up 30meg of disk space) - you never know when you will need it -

found a good one today, took track count to 80 OK - importrd wave file (track 81) - instant goodbye - N dissapears instantly - tried it three times with different wave files, every time same thing, GOODBYE -

i thought it was to cold for horse flys in Halifax.

yours Dr J

Hi Doc:
I’ve taken a breather from doing any kind of editing today… It don’t hurt to take a step back beyond arm’s reach even it’s something that makes the wheels turn…

The east coast of Canada and this part of the world is in a heat wave… It’s close to record temperatures, for this time-of-year… Mind you it isn’t dry… But at this moment the sun is shining and beginning to set… It’s close to 4:30pm. I believe this weather is comming right out of the Gulf of Mexico… and the Louisanna Watersheads…

If I’m not beating my head up over tracks I’m buying toys… I got a 12-in-1 Card reader/writer and A 1 gig XD PictureCard… It’s something I’ll use for transporting tracks from studio-to-studio… Or for anything, for that matter… Well…

I’m downloading build 2174… But it’s so slow to do that when you have a telephone wire and modem… What’s life… if you can’t complain… :O ??? ?

NO… we got horse flies in these parts… The bats keep them in check… If this weather doesn’t soon return to normal, we are gonna have another crop of black flies and mosquitoes… They like it around here…

Yea… I had one projecI streamed 42-44 tracks… But I soon combined and rendered a group and reduced the numbers to about 32-33 tracks… That was way back in v3.3 build 1516, I think… I had several plugs running… But these days I’m not at that number… Maybe 15-16 tracks…

These days, I’m not even tracking… I have “Tracker’s Block”… Big Time… I have no idea what’s causing it…

Anyway, build 2174 is almost down…

Bill…

Today Monday 22 Nov, Birmingham, England - like a summers day while the sun was out, really could not tell it was Novenber - dont have that much trouble with insects as Birmingham is right in the centre of England - saw a butterfly in the city centre last week - a butterfly in winter ?, unheard of before things started to get hotter -

also on dial up - does take a while especially as new version are practically a daily thing - have bought 1gig USB flash drive, tiny little thing fits on keyring for carrying new versions of N etc, between home and studio -

used to make test copies of song in progress on Audio CDR for testing on home speaker system but this got silly expensive, was looking at MP3 player to do job but MP3 destroys sound quality, then remembered i had latest type Sony Minidisk that uses high capacity disks (in my bag that i take everywhere with me) recorded song to MD great sound, and can re-record to test daily progress - MInidisk rules OK in my life -

last real toy i got was the Roland SP606 sampling workstation, what a beauty, had its little brother the SP303 for many years, then got opportunity to get the big one, the effects section is really mindblowing, the tricks you can pull with it are just beyond belief -

WANT A LAUGH to brighten you day - GOOGLE for DELAY LAMA, its the worst sounding plugin i have ever heard but has the most fantastic graphics - kept me amused for hours -

had idea for present song, wanted to repeat the first 5 minutes, tried copy and paste tracks (about 15 of them) but N had a fit, used lassoo feature to grab all 63 tracks and moved them all 6 minutes away from start, used clone track to make copies of tracks the in first 5 minutes, grabbed them and moved them back to the start, got my repeat section and space for new tracks (thats when i discovered the 80 track barrier) N did very well considering what i asked it to do, it only mangled up 2 volume envelopes, very complicated pan envelopes moved OK -

apart from a couple of silly niggles N really is amazing -

if you want something to do during the winter months when the SNOW finally comes and its to deep for the Huskies to get through - google for Harmony Assistant, its a notation program that comes with Virtual Singer it really can sing exceptionally well, - has a learning curve steeper than the north face of the Eiger, you dont need to play an instrument to use it, you could write a score for an orchestra with just the mouse - it is incredable for MIDI arranging as you can input proper notes into the score and not mess around with a piano roll - prints out sheet music like that which you pay real money for at a pro shop -

catch you soon

Dr J