v4.1.6 b2044

Hi Guys, on this topic:
Thanks sloom… I’m gonna download build 2048 today… It appears that Flavio has fixed some install issues that appeared on builds later than 2037… I think I’ll head to the studio and see if 2048 installs on the '98SE desks… I have 2042 or 2044 installed on the XP desks… I’d kike IT if I could get “compliant”, all around… I’ve not run into any issues importing files from one-build-to-another… But somehow-or-other I think I have a hardware problem with that P-111/STA 2000 DAW… I am unable to install the Correct drivers for the Matrox G-450 graphics card on the XP Partition of that machine… I’ve tried everything I know to get XP to accept the drivers that should be installed on that Desk… The '98SE drivers work just fine… The XP Desk wants to install some windows compatable drivers for that operating system…

Bill…

I’m here Again:
I think if you look, you’ll find the latest n-Track build that doesn’t require .NetFramwork to be installed… That build is 1811… As I understand it… After that build you’re not gonna get n-Track to install on any machine… without .net framwork… being installed. That version is… v4.0.4 build 1811…

http://ntrack.com/old_download.shtm

Bill…

Hi n-Trackers:
Build 2048 installed just fine on the '98SE Desks, in the studio… :O :;): I am now compliant on every “Desk” here, on my setup…

However, onm the ‘98SE Desks, When I "Right-Click on the Record Meter or Repro Meter and scroll down to the “Clip” area on the Config’ the Graphics do no appear for setting the Meter’s response. Is the considered a “Bug”?

Sloom… can you repete that on your set-up in '98SE?

Reply, if you expirence that issue…

Bill…

Quote (woxnerw @ Feb. 06 2006,07:49)
Sloom… can you repete that on your set-up in '98SE?

Reply, if you expirence that issue…

Assuming you mean me, Bill, :) , and assuming you’re talking about the update rate of the meters, I am seeing the settings under the “Dynamic” popup menu item, just above “Clip”. (I know you said to reply if I experience the problem, but I figured it might be useful info anyway.)

Quote (sticknick @ Feb. 05 2006,20:49)
Out of curiosity (please do not take this as ignorance) but I see a lot of posts here referring to Windows 98SE and Windows ME …

Can I ask why anyone would still be using these BSOD riddled (among other issues) OS’s?
…2000 and, especially, XP are so much more stable than any pervious offerings …

Good question! I personally think XP is the best Windows line to date, and I actually use Windows 2000 for my real DAW work, but I like to test how n-Track runs on Win98 just to see if it really runs as claimed :) Once Flavio drops support for Win98, I guess I’ll have one more reason to retire my last 98 box…Celeron 366 w/256 MB RAM, btw… :D

Tony

It works and looks perfectlly fine this morning. No issues in the appearence of the meter config meneu… that is, useing XP as the Desk… I have launched build 2049 several times to check it’s behaviour…

I wrote Flavio some mail regarding the appearance… But I’ll retract all of that today… I am unable to think what may have caused that to happen… I hope Flavio monitors this topic… Or… should I write him some mail to let him know it appears O.K. Now?

I haven’t tried re-launching n-Track on the '98SE desks, yet… I’ll check the '98SE Desks after the morning run…

For the current audio hardware set-up I have… It’s important that n-Track and '98SE as the Desk, works… It doesn’t have to be perfect or anything like that… But it’s nice to have a compliant late working build, working in '98SE… Cause the hardware drivers don’t and are not written for later Operating Systems, than '98SE…

Bill…

I looked the the '98SE and the XP Desks in the studio this morning… The meter confing. …after installing build 2049 didn’t show the meter options untill I did a “Cold” boot of the DAW… Then everything appears fine…

After a number of boots, to check the appearence… the Meter options (in the “Clip” tab) shows perfectly…

All is O.K. now…

Bill…