v4.2.0 build2078

So-Far-So-Good

Hi n-Trackers:
I installed the latest build on this P-111 1.2mhz. machine this morning. The upgrade was not without it’s moments, though…

The install went perfectly… and then I closed the install launcher… Then I went to the icon on the desk to launch n-Track… A pop-up screen alerted me that the n-Track couldn’t locate/find MSVCP71.dll and had to close… IT also said that mabey re-installing the program might help… I let IT sit there for a long 30 seconds when the machine took a “Brain Fart” and up came the n-Track Desk… and all looked normal… From that point onward everything was just fine.

I imported the TEST Project that I’ve been useing to TEST the builds sense v4.1.5 and It (the Tracks) repros perfectly.

In fact … the CPU load is almost 1/2 of the amount that IT was in v4.1.6 build 2066… The timeline of this test project has 11 stereo tracks with the Master channel that has n-Track Multi-Band Compressor installed on it…

With the Compressor switched “OFF” but still installed the CPU Load is 25% … With the Compressor switched “ON” the CPU Load is 40-41%… The “Voice” on the compressor is set to Mastering at 0db… That “sounds” like quite a CPU load for ONE VST effect… ???

I have noticed that the tracks on the timeline does not “Save” to the last appearence… IT saves to a default Appearence that can be made to appear by clicking on “View All Song” to fill out the time-line… Everything else appears to be saved when closeing the project…

I then re-booted the machine only to find that AVG Virus program would not launch… The machine could not find/locate MSVP71.dll IT said that if I re-installed the program that It might “Launch”… So, I did, and All seems fine… IT took me a while to get “current” with all the definations, and all…

This MSVCP71.dll appears to be located in Windows System 32 Folder… I think…

I see that Flavio has posted a new build… 2079 so he is busy AT IT again… today…

Thank You … Flavio…

Bill…

Jeepers, that 31 meg download is killer when one is on dialup. :)

Anyway, I had to get the net thingie updated, since I had not even moved from 4.0 something to 4.1. :)

Hi Tom:
Build 2078 amounts to 10+ megs. Well for the one I downloaded. It’s still a sizable file for dial-up… lol… Anyway, It’s installed and launching, when I click on the desk icon. But now He’s got build 2079 up there…

I see he’s around today… so don’t talk about him… :p :laugh:

We’ll make his ears burn…

So, I’m gonna go get IT… and load IT in…

I’m listening at some Buck stuff today…

Bill…

I had the new build bomb out today - just dissapeared to the desktop. Not sure what I did to prompt it. Otherwise it’s been fine. Having fun with the new drum Vsti. Just wish I could get the latency low enough to use with my electronic drums…

Mark

Hi Mark:
Good for you… I can’t get to “Bomb”… or anything… Good here… The only thing is… I am unable to find the drum machine… It must be hidden in a lip-ring… or something…

Bill…

Hi Bill,

Try: “Add Channel”–>“Add new instrument Channel”–>“Vsti”–>"N track Drums"

Mark

I found it… hey… don’t laugh… :O :p I’m looking at IT now…

Can you see me shaking my head? :laugh:

I have it working… I need to figure out how to snap the n-track drums to a grid. or the song to the n-Track drums. I’m working on it… I have build 2079 downloaded and ready to install… I’ll be checking to see how this build installs… compared to build 2078… earlier today…

Bill…

OK, I went to install it, it said I needed to update the net thing, so I tried to do that, it said I needed Mindows installer, I did that, and now when I try to install it it says that it needs to uninstall previous version of the program, and so i say “yes” and it then says that it can’t find the previous version, so it cannot continue, so now I can’t do anything because I don’t have an old or a new version and I can’t figure out how to install the new version.

Help!

I don’t think I like this net and service pack 2 stuff, or whatever is going on that messed me up.

Should have stayed with the build I had, 1853 or something.

Help! :(

Hi Tom:
I got stuck in-between builds 2039 and 2042 as well sloom got a “Hang” at the same place in time… We both managed to navigate beyond that point and we are all O.K. now… I believe… sloom got into a gigantic windows issue… I stayed away from windows and waited till Flavio posted build 2044… that fixed my issues… However, your hang sounds like neither of ours… If I remember correctly, sloom went into the registry and deleted everything TO-DO with n-Track and started all over from there…

I’d say no to that idea… but who am I? to say something like that?

I’d also say… you are bridging a very large “Gap” in the versions-and-builds of n-Track…

There’s gotta be someone up here with a little more savvoy than me to suggest what and how to approach this…

Somehow, I think that’s what’s makeing me move on with installing every build that Flavio posts… So as to make the advances in builds as minute-as-possible…

If I didn’t know better, I’d have to say that this P-111 is holding up pretty darn well… to all this…

Bill…

No… Tom… Ya gotta move on… and up… This is a minor set-back… You’ll find the right method to approach this and you’ll be better off for IT…

I’d like to be able to say Do That and then Do This… Mabey, some day I will have attained some small computer knowledge that’ll give me the confidence to say that…

Mark or phoo might be able to suggest something… I know there are other guys up here… as well…

No-Big-Deal… :O :;):

Bill…

OK, I got through the install, but now when I go to start the program it says that MSVCR80.dll is missing, so it can’t start up the program.

But I looked, and that file is on my computer, in windows/winsxs/x86…etc.

Now what?

I’m going to post this as a general question on a new thread.

Hi Tom:
That’s ironic… is that how’s it’s spelt?

This morning I got to that time and place where windows said IT couldn’t find MSVCP71.dll But the machine took a “Brain Fart” and launched n-Track… and all was fine…

But the pop-up window also said that re-installing the application might “Fix” the install and launch the application…

The I re-booted…

Then I couldn’t get AGV to launch… for the very same reason… Remember… MSVCP71.dll over on this machine… However after repairing the AVG virus app. and bringing the virus deffinations up-to-date, all is fine… so far so good… My fingers are still crossed…

I think you’re makeing “Headway” … Good for you… I’ll back you up till your nose bleeds… :O :p :laugh:

Bill…