V5.0.5 builds..

2232 working…

Hi Gents:
I was unable to launch the .exe build 2230 to begin the install that build… Build 2229 installed and looked O.K. from the repro of my “Test” timeline…

Build 2232 downloaded-and-installed… NO-Issues…

THIS IS A BIG EDIT

I’m gonna post something here that I know “Little-if-Nothing” about… regarding the security of software publishers and the Micro-Soft Organization(s)…

I’m gonna say what I think regarding all this stuff and then all you guys that have knowledge of this stuff can reply to this BIG EDIT, and Set-Me-Straight and Stand-Me-Corrected…

About this time and every week I get a Microsoft Update notification E-mail or whenever IT comes out… Then I open the notification page and begin to update my computers with the files that are available for updating, etc…

However, this morning, the update/download was paused so an acceptance agreement could be “Checked” to allow the update to continue…

Have any of you n-Trackers seen this ? and… What is your Take/Reply to what is being asked of US as Microsoft and Microsoft Software Users?

My comment on this topic is:

As operating systems and the software for use on these computers develop… our computers are becoming less-and-less private, leaving the opportunity for “Scammers and Peepers” entry into our private lives…

An example of this happened happened just this week in my community, where I live…

The local bank branch was invaded by a young Wipper-Snapper sitting outside in the bank’s parking lot… He had his laptop puter turned on with a wireless USB network receiver hooked up and was scamming all the bank’s customers as they entered their ID’s and Passwords into the ATM terminals… I Don’t know how he did this, or how secure you think all this is… But IT was done, somehow…

Food-for-Thought… ???

However, the default folder did not open the drive where the .Sng-and-Wave files are stored… It opened a folder in “My Documents”… Not the config’d folder that was set in the previous build… It didn’t save that config. Could there be an error in the coding of the build?

Bill…

i never normally use previous prefs when upgrading between builds i have had to many crashs, but recently the builds seem OK so i have been using previous prefs, then after crashing N playing with track speed arrows i lost all playback - opened prefs and reset to default, re-started N went to adjust prefs, found most of it was the same as before reset ? -

also found that PATHS sometimes is not carried over when using previous prefs, made a small test recording the other day and all was OK untill i found a new build available so naturally downloaded it, but when installing N said not enough drive space available - strange as i install N on a seperate drive with gigggggggs of spare space -

my C drive is very small and i only have about 100meg spare on it - as N had not carried path settings over from one build to another the test recording i made before had stored itself on the C drive not the D drive as it should have - took ages to find where N had put the track, when found and deleted N installed ok as space for components that have to go on C drive now had enough space -

looking at ‘what has changed’ build 2232 has resolved my problems-

Dr J

Glad you’ve both got V5 moving in the right direction.

Dr J, I’ve got n-track set to “ask for wavefile name” - that way they go exactly where I want them (ie in the right folder for the song I’m working on - with a sensible name too!).

Hi XonXoff and Doc:
It’s been so long sense I’ve been in a Track Session that it hurts…

I used to have the “Name Track” box checked… Then, I unchecked that box so that the track named itself automatically… I think it says… New Track and gives it a number… I would then name the tracks after the session and after I had the opportunity to hear the tracks (the next process) after the session… I used to assemble and edit the tracks from several takes, then give that edited track a name… I found by doing it that way gave me an easier selection of track naming…It made it easier for me to clean-up and delete the trash files from the project folder, as well… I think I’m a “Pack-Rat” TOOO… as well… I try never to toss anything out, for fear I might need what I toss out… I still got tape laying around my editing room floor… It makes it look like I’m doing something… :O :laugh: :p

Bill…