v5.1.0_Beta Posted

Build_2288

Hi n-Trackers:
For anyone interested in installing the latest build…

Build 2288 has been posted…

It hasn’t been there for too long… Normally. n-Track calls “Home” and informs the user that a new build has been posted… But… this time NO… or Not yet, anyway…

Bill…

And Flavio has come through as promised…

<!–QuoteBegin>

Copy, cut and paste commands can now be applied to aribitrary selection of tracks, no longer to either 1 or all tracks
Clone portion of song to new song

Thanks Flavio. Once I get home, I will look at upgrading…

Paul

Excellent! I’m looking forward to trying it out, so I’ll be upgrading to V5 now.

Frankly, I didn’t know you could select a region of all tracks and copy/paste – that would be very handy too. Perhaps V3 didn’t support it; with V4 I’ve mostly stuck to methods I used in V3, when I was doing a lot more recording & mixing. In any case I’m looking forward to it, it should make doing demos a lot simpler, being able to schlep around whole sections of a song. (I don’t like that for real recordings, though – no part in a verse should be a replica of a previous verse!)

copy and paste works great - cut and paste is even better - if you sync the beats of your tracks to the grid, select between the lines, then cut, when you paste it will go to a new track but as it is the correct size to sync up again (fit in the grid) it makes loop making so much easier -

Dr J

Well, Dr. JR, I’ve been doing that since V3 (and no doubt it worked in V2 as well). The new feature here is to do this to multiple tracks. (From the feature description, evidently we could already do this for ALL tracks, just not a subset of tracks.)