v5.1.1_b_2305

CPU Usage Concerns…

Hi n-Trackers:

I have updated to v5.1.1 Build 2305 today…
I went looking for a typical two-track file to load onto the timeline to see it’s behaviour and put the build through it’s paces…
and check the timeline’s response.

All seems fine except for the CPU usage…

The plug-in is a newly installed Limiter that I’m working with and getting used to it’s behaviour…
I’ll show you some of it’s appearance in this print screen…

Gentlemen…
I’ll have to say it…
This is one beautiful Dynamics Processor… There may be other ones…
AND

I’m looking at several more…

I’d like to get Flavio and the Plug in’s Designer, Torben to see if this is a typical behaviour of the Plug in and the Host and Combination of the two… under operating conditions…

I don’t mind that the CPU Usage is high if the Editor-and-Plug in does what they are supposed to do…
I am what you say…
"Processing the track to an “END Product”…
“Finished” File…

However, the Meter response of the Plug-in is something that concerns me…
as well, the CPU usage of the EDITOR and the CPU Usage of the “Stand alone CPU Plug in” differs, in their response. If you look closely at the CPU Graph by the Repro Meter…

If you look at the task bar you’ll see a bunch of stuff running…

I have gone back and Closed any applications that were running in the Background…
But there was no “Marked” change in the DAWs available resources…

I realize that this plug-in requires a huge amount of resources to operate…

I wonder if this plug in was used on say several tracks on a multi track timeline, if the system would continue to operate under LOAD
????

I will look into that aspect with another set of tracks, on the timeline…

Bill…

Quote:

Gentlemen..
I'll have to say it..
This is one beautiful Dynamics Processor.. There may be other ones..
AND
I'm looking at several more..

I'll 2nd that. I demo'd that plug a while back and was astonished at its clarity and transparency. Easily the most impressive limiter I've ever heard....

Bill,
So, I looked for the name of the Plug in, but it’s not in your post and I can’t read the screen. I might like a good compresser. Can you post the name at least?
Thanks,
Bax

Here you go bax… http://www.kjaerhusaudio.com/mpl-1.php

D

Hi Gents:

The latest update to this Limiter is it’s ability to manually enter numerical adjustments to it’s controls, as opposed to grabbing the knobs with the mouse and trying to set an adjustment or level… On-the-Fly…

The latest version is v1.02 MPL-1 Pro SE…

For me to get to the SE version running on my setup I had some registration issues… But I believe I have that behind me now…

I’m gonna say it…
There were some guys that got quite upset over the issues but…
getting “EDGY” over issues don’t fix things… I have to thank both Torben and their Group along with Flavio for helping me along the trail to setting me up with a very nice plug…

Thanks Gentlemen…

Bill…

BAD NEWS BOYS - it colours the audio - IF IT WAS THAT GOOD IT WOULD BE TRANSPARENT - IT MOST CERTAINLY IS NOT - YOU ARE ALREADY “USING” ONE OF THE BEST compressor/limitors THERE IS -

ON EVERY AUDIO TRACK YOU USE (INCLUDING THE MASTER OUTPUT) THERE IS, AND ITS WORKING AN INSTANCE OF THE N TRACK COMPRESSOR/LIMITER - SO, 10 TRACKS 11 COMPRESSORS/LIMITERS - THATS TRANSPARANCY FOR YOU - IF YOU DIDNT KNOW THAT YOU HAD A COMPRESSOR AND A LIMITER RUNNING ON EVERY TRACK THEN WHY BOTHER WITH ANYTHING ELSE -

using 2 types compressors and/or 2 types of limiters at the same time on any track (including the master out)is asking for trouble - which is afecting which
?
AND JUST TO MESS YOU UP SOME MORE “SOFT CLIPPINS” IS SET AS “DEFAULT” ON THE MASTER OUT -
unless you have switched it OFF every track you have played back in V5 has been limited By N -

Dr J

the biggest AUDIO improvement you could make and the ONE THING that will make your tracks sound PROFESSIONAL is a LITTLE ICON on your desktop that says HAR-BAL 2.3 - easy it isnt GREAT it is -

http://www.har-bal.com/index.php

Dr J

Hi Doc J:

I fully understand…
the default config. of every track having n-Tracks compressor/limiter on every track…
There are instances that I use n-Track’s dynamics…
But as a config. default I don’t have any tracks that have plug ins defaulted to be installed automatically…
If I decide to launch a plug for that particular track I put it there…
But…
having all that stuff there automatically installed
uses up resources…
if you don’t need them…

I like Flavio’s Multi-Band Compressor/Limiter…
I use it as required/necessary…
But…
To have it installed on each track from the GET-GO, can be confusing…
Well… For me…

I’ve been known to play with that Har-Bal Mastering Application…
But as yet, I haven’t fully explored all it’s options…
You can get Hooked on that software some easy…

Bill…

sorry if i confused you Bill - i said nothing about config and already installed plugins -

what i said was that the N track compressor/limiter is running in the background on every track and the master output all of the time - and that running it in conjunction with another compressor/limiter may cause the two to interfere with each other - you have an e-mail in you inbox that explains how to switch off all Ns compressor/limiter(s) that are running to avoid this happening - doing this saves on CPU use -

take special note of the last item its very important-
Dr J

Hi Doc J:

I’m still gonna go into the n-Track config. Panel and confirm that all of the default settings are config’ed to be By-Passed…
I’m almost certain they are and that the config, is carried forward from the previous install/build…
Just checking…

Bill…