v6.0.6

Quote: (woxnerw @ Sep. 17 2009, 5:41 PM)

Hi Levi:

I have a "sister" set of machines..
They are both ASUS/Intel E-5200 DualProcessor 2gig ram Vista 32-bit machines..
Both machines connect to the Internet.. However, the CreationStation machine cannot download mail..
I can browse with both machines and visit the n-Track Board with both of them and I can update Windows/Security features and all with both of then..
but not mail with the studio machine..
I have Norton 360 installed on both machines...
I get the odd spam files..
I am unable to open the LAN..
I have a Permissions Issue that I need to resolve yet..
Can't fix it..
My security filters are set medium-to-medium/high..

Both of these machines are loaded with drives.. I have several terabytes of storage space between these machines..
I may never run out of folder-and-file storage space..
We'll see..

So far I've been lucky..
NO Crap..
yet..
However, I've said that before..

Bill..

Terabytes huh? That's amazing.
I've never heard of that measure before.
Doesn't phoo jam with a guy named terabytes?

Impressive sounding setup Bill
:agree: Darn hoping debious doesn't have a conniption fit for loosing 2 seconds there. :laugh:

I can’t spell either…
A TB is 1,000 gigabites ???? It don’t matter what size your drives are…

If they stop workin… yea lost any data that’s on them… :p :laugh:

Bill…

Quote: (woxnerw @ Sep. 16 2009, 9:11 PM)

Playing with build 2510..

I discovered an issue..

In the Track Properties window.. There is a TRIM: Audio Part Volume Pot..
There..
you are able to adjust the track's level..
The pot works.. However, if you open the "Enter the level by typing the level in, using the keyboard and then pushing "ENTER" the level doesn't change"..
The enter the level (using the keyboard numerical number) feature does not work..

At least not over here..

Bill..

Hi Again:

I discovered that in fact the Keyboard Entry method does work when adjusting the volume trim in the track properties/timeline screen..

However, the cursor method (adjusting the knob for the trim) works in "Real Time"..
The numerical data entry method does not work in "Real Time"..
Re-starting the timeline after the data is entered into the keypad box works..
on both machines..

This is O.K.
It Works..
However, it makes it somewhat confusing..
or a Workaround..
Whatever..
The resolution is acceptable..
It would be really nice if the resolution was step-less..

Hi Flavio:

Is that something that could be looked at ????

Bill..

Hi Flavio:

I forgot to add to that last reply…

If working on this might haul down the performance of the editor…
Just let sleeping dogs lie…
Don’t be touching this stuff…
If it works O.K.
to you…
don’t FIX it…

This build is really HoT…

Thank You Flavio…

:agree:
:)

Bill…

I might be ready fo upgrading from 4.2.1.

Now I’m just wondering is there diffrent versions for 16 bit and 24 bit soundcards anymore? (I need to be able to work with 24bit wavs.)

Just one version these days, makes things simpler.

Does anyone use Acmebargig plugins (mainly the amp sims)? I’ve been getting weird behavior out of most of them, they feedback when not being used as live instrument on an armed track. they didn’t before, they only plugin that seems to act different than 6.0.5.

Quote: (woxnerw @ Sep. 18 2009, 2:48 AM)

I can't spell either..

A TB is 1,000 gigabites ????
It don't matter what size your drives are..

If they stop workin..
yea lost any data that's on them..
:p
:laugh:

Bill..

With drives that big there should be some confidence level and belief that they are built to last. Watch for hiccups I guess. :agree:
Quote: (nramusic @ Sep. 18 2009, 7:40 AM)

Does anyone use Acmebargig plugins (mainly the amp sims)? I've been getting weird behavior out of most of them, they feedback when not being used as live instrument on an armed track.
they didn't before, they only plugin that seems to act different than 6.0.5.

After more experimenting I found that this is a stereo issue of some sort. the problem goes away as long as mono files are expanded to stereo, even noticed weirdness on the fishphones blockfish plugin if the stereo option wasn't checked.
Quote: (woxnerw @ Sep. 18 2009, 4:06 AM)

I discovered that in fact the Keyboard Entry method does work when adjusting the volume trim in the track properties/timeline screen..

However, the cursor method (adjusting the knob for the trim) works in "Real Time"..
The numerical data entry method does not work in "Real Time"..
Re-starting the timeline after the data is entered into the keypad box works..
on both machines..

Bill,

good catch... the problem should be fixed in build 2511.

Flavio.

Hi Flavio and Guys around the Board:

Thank you checking into this a weeding through my ability to correctly describe what I was seeing over here…
I’m in the studio this morning and I’ll download b 2511 and confirm the fix over here…
I know it’ll work fine…

You see, the Creation Station has two audio cards in it…
The built in card on the main board and the PCI m-Audio 2496 card that is plugged into the main board… I’ll select the 2496 card for driving the Alesis Masterlink CD writer…
The audio levels are not the same…
The Masterlink levels are some 20db in the difference In-and-Out…
at operating levels…
I’m checking to see what the difference is…
???
I know it’s got lots of poop-and-dynamic range…

Somehow, I am gonna have to compensate/attenuate for the level difference…
between audio devices…
as well, with the record/repro hardware and software… I’m still playing with it…

Then I have ground loops to contend with…
It just don’t stop…
:p
:laugh:
Lots of technical fun…

Bill…

Beautiful... GrEaT.. :)

Bill..

Anyone know where to find the “import only track data feature” (for a song without importing the files).
Paco called it a box but I don’t see a button or text link for that. I wan’t to experiment with that a little.

Add channel > Import from Sng file - select the sng file that has the setting you want. Select the Sng file (there seems to be a glitch, the wav file are shown in the first box, but selecting anything other than a sng file does not work) After you select you have the option to import wav or Sng and you can select"don’t import parts, only track settings"
Bax

Is anyone having problems with directX instruments? I have two, VSampler and Roland Virtual Sound Canvas. I can set the “Output to” from a midi file to either of them, and there is no sign they are receiving the data.

The add channel button!
Wow if it had been a mad dog it could have bit me!

Thx bax I suppose I eventually would have found it. If I’d only looked a little east lol