v7.0.0 b2919

Keyboard commands

Hi Gents:

I’ve been working a file on the timeline and using the keyboard commands to Stop-and-Start the replay of the timeline…
I have the timeline “Zoomed Out” to quite a large wave file image…
Maybe, “20 Clicks of the Mouse Button”…
I’ll start the wave file cursor with the transport play control…
Then, stop the repro using the “Space Bar”…
NO-GO…
Then, try the rewind the file with the “Back Space” key…
NO-GO…
However, the transport and mouse cursor commands work correctlly…
The “Keyboard Commands” work correct when the timeline is Zoomed Back to “Normal” …

I use wireless Mouse and Keyboard…
I thought the Battries needed replacment…
BUT…
the battries are O.K.
Could the issues be a BUG
????

Going back to check this out, again…

This is what the timeline looks like when the keyboard commands stop working… The file is zoomed out about
twenty “Mouse-Clicks”…

Bill…

Quote: (woxnerw @ Apr. 11 2012, 8:49 PM)

Hi Gents:

I've been working a file on the timeline and using the keyboard commands to Stop-and-Start the replay of the timeline..
I have the timeline "Zoomed Out" to quite a large wave file image..
Maybe, "20 Clicks of the Mouse Button"..
I'll start the wave file cursor with the transport play control..
Then, stop the repro using the "Space Bar"..
NO-GO..
Then, try the rewind the file with the "Back Space" key..
NO-GO..
However, the transport and mouse cursor commands work correctlly..
The "Keyboard Commands" work correct when the timeline is Zoomed Back to "Normal" ..

I use wireless Mouse and Keyboard..
I thought the Battries needed replacment..
BUT..
the battries are O.K.
Could the issues be a BUG
????

Going back to check this out, again..

This is what the timeline looks like when the keyboard commands stop working.. The file is zoomed out about
twenty "Mouse-Clicks"...

Bill..

Hi Bill,

I was able to reproduce the problem with stop & rewind not working when playback is going and you're zoomed in. It appears that the keyboard shortcuts no longer works when the program is busy redrawing the waveforms. Pressing spacebar when playback is stopped always works, stopping with the spacebar doesn't work when zoomed in. It does work if you disable the "Transport/Auto scroll timeline" option, which makes n-Track stop redrawing during playback.
I'll work on fixing the problem for the next build.

Flavio.

Bill,

I don’t know if you’ve ever tried Bomes Midi translator but I have found it to be invaluable when trying to control audio software remotely using CC’s instead of windows auto keys.

Ntrack also has an area where you can re-map controls, perhaps in the mean time till Flav finds a solution you can assign the play function to either a note trigger or CC trigger instead of “space” it is NOT the final frontier.

the Space bar being an embedded command is the problem IMHO, anyone who has ever programmed macros or autokey shortcuts knows what I mean about that…that’s Windows for ya. :disagree:

give me a letter or number, ANY letter or number over “space” (which ironically you can’t even see when typed) for programming any day of the week.

dontcare
:cool:

Hi Flavio and dontcare:

Thanks for the replies…
It’s nice to be around here again…
I’m waiting for the weather to warm up a little more…
I want to get back in the studio again…
I don’t heat the studio when the weather cools as winter approaches…
I’m considering installing a “Heat Pump”…
We’ll see…
I do have electric heat there, however, if I do that it’s tough on the electronics to Heat-and-Cool,(humidity) unless I keep it heated…
SO, I stay away from the studio and just don’t heat the building…
If I go ahead with my plans it might extend my studio time there…
Heat in the winter and Cool in the Summer, is what a “Heat Pump” will do for the studio…

Give me a little more detail on that “Bornes Midi Translator”…
That sounds somewhat fascenating… Open up a new Topic in Anything Else.
Can You ????
I have to remember to go there and follow the topic, That’s if you decide to open one…

Bill…

Bill,

the problem should be fixed in build 2921.

Flavio.

Hi Flavio:
Thanks for the quick reply… :agree: AND… Thank you for all your hard work and energy it takes to get a new version up-and-running…

Bill…