V7, multiple takes, and muting

V7, multiple takes, and muting

New forum member here, but have been using n-Track for years. My question is does V7 allow muting of previous takes while recording with the multiple take feature? In V6, I have to listen to the previous take while trying to record the next one.

I find the multiple takes feature to be restrictive. One extra click gives you a clone and full control of each take.

Yes. I’m sorry but I don’t have anyway to check on how tro do this from here. If no one answers before I get back I’ll try to post a solution. In the mean time, try clicking on the takes and see if there is not a submenu.

Thank you for your replies. Actually, I found a way to do it in V6. Upon finishing a take, clicking the record button again (while still in record mode) returns to the beginning of the take, and lets you record the next take without playing back the previous take. Unfortunately, sometimes the takes get scattered all over the track instead of starting in the same place.

If this feature still exists in V7, and the scattering problem is fixed, that in itself would make upgrading worthwhile.

Hi, StoneAge. I actually use this feature quite regularly, especially with voc’s and haven’t experienced the scattering thing.
Have you got a loop going on?

Quote: (StoneAged @ Mar. 05 2013, 7:09 PM)

New forum member here, but have been using n-Track for years. My question is does V7 allow muting of previous takes while recording with the multiple take feature? In V6, I have to listen to the previous take while trying to record the next one.

Muting can be done with keyboard shortcuts,

ESC button mutes all output
Q mutes a selected part

there are other ways you could go about doing it as well,

for instance you could use a Midi to keystroke translator like Bomes to set a protocol where a specific note is received triggering the keystroke connected to the mute function.

eg. you hit a C2 (beginning note of your progression) and either all output or selected output is muted *depending on which keystroke you link to that note.

if memory serves me correct since V6 there is also an area to customize keystroke commands, but I still find myself using Bomes since I can save and recall various setups for various songs.

dontcare