Ver. 4.02 (build 1705) Out

MIDI Tempo Drawing, Multi-band Comp,etc

Has a new MIDI tempo-drawing window accessed through View->Tempo. Gave it a quick try–nice! The more MIDI editing tools, the better, I say. Also includes new multi-band compressor (!!!), graphic EQ, and tempo delay effects. Here’s a download page link for the lazy :)

Thanks, Flavio!

I did notice a prominent display bug, however, which wasn’t present in build 1703. In timeline view, when I scroll vertically using either the scroll bar or mouse wheel, the timelines move, but the left-hand track labels/buttons don’t. Clicking on any track makes the left-hand labels/buttons jump to realign with the timelines.

Tony

The bug I mentioned above is fixed today in build 1707. :D

Tony

Thanks the info. These are kind of features i was waiting for

Now, doesn’t that multiband compressor look a lot like one made by a third party that has been mentioned here before? ?)

Nonetheless, it is a very welocme addition.

try the “weirdie” preset on the multiband. Makes my electric guitar sound like an acoustic. kinda’ crazy. I added the Bodlizer-Crafter-GAE-30 plugin some guy made to make your piezo sound more mic’d and I’ll be damned if this isn’t a REALLY GOOD acoustic simulation.

I have to say-the new plugins look pretty sharp. I do wish however that the slider background on the graphic EQ was black to help it stand out more from the plugin’s background.

Has a new MIDI tempo-drawing window accessed through View->Tempo. Gave it a quick try--nice!

Sweet! The only thing left to really make MIDI work for me in N-track is notation editing and a better quantize. We're geting there. I think it is about time to upgrade from 3.3 . I haven't heard any crashing stories lately, the CPU bugs seem to be fixed, and the new features all make it very tempting. If only N-track would work with the Emu EmulatorX and PowerFX VST plugins.... :(
Quote (Bubbagump @ Nov. 17 2004,10:22)
I think it is about time to upgrade from 3.3 . I haven't heard any crashing stories lately, the CPU bugs seem to be fixed, and the new features all make it very tempting.

I also think it's pretty safe. We recorded drums saturday night (from 00 to 06 :) ) with the latest N at a time (I think it was 1703) and it all went absolutely great! 4 tracks at a time, 24-bit 88.2kHz and smooth recordings. The next day I edited the tracks, 7(!) takes on the hardest song, patched it up from those( I really needed those editing groups then, or is there a way to move 4 tracks at the same time? ). I even used plugins like ambience, compressor, mda loudness and some other to test how it should sound and still all well. So, next day I recorded guitars clean by recording on the drumtracks while using amplitube to distort the guitar. No crash, just occasional glitches when starting to record. Recorded sound was still clean whatsoever.
What can I say, couldn't be happier with N at the moment.

Those new plugs… Slim is a generous man to let Flavio badge them like that! I use LPGEQ2 as my main EQ, so I totally agree with the choice. I must confess to preferring T-Sledge to this particular multiband, but I will experiment!

Ta Flavio!
DSP

I just downloaded, and it looks and acts great so far, i have only one grip. In the bottom left hand corner of the screen where the icons and drop downs are for the different aux, main, rewire, Vst and so forth thingys are there is a black line like the outline for a box of some kind it stays ther no matter what i do anyone else see that or is it just me.

Also those little icons is there a way to hide them?

Robomusic, read this thread.

Thanks Bubba, that was easier than i thought. Any thoughts on the black line image i am seeing, it is right there where those used to be, it was there when they were there and still is very irritating

Dummy me it was just a ghost image that went away with a restart of the old 'puter. Now all is well

Quote (duncanparsons @ Nov. 17 2004,13:31)
Those new plugs... Slim is a generous man to let Flavio badge them like that!

Unless slim is getting $$$ or free N-track registration(s) out of this, then it's just business :;): Gee...I knew the plugins looked familiar, but I didn't realize how similar they were until I downloaded Slim's versions. I don't see any credit given to slim anywhere...must have been a heck of a deal!

Well, I guess there's also the possibility that Flavio just whipped out his own copycat plugins to show he could do it, too... :D

Anyway, the plugins are a most welcome addition.

Tony

i just downloaded the new version after reading this thread. and there are for sure some things made easier. in version 3.3 i had to make an blank audio track to get fruityloops working. and i use that sometimes only as a clicktrack. now it is easier.

maybe even the metronome works with my soundcard now. have to wait for the new registrationcode to test that.

ps. thanks to everybody posting on this forum. this long time lurker has learned a lot in this place. :)

Um, I’ve been around quite a while, but who’s Slim?

Quote (Bubbagump @ Nov. 17 2004,17:12)
Um, I've been around quite a while, but who's Slim?

Sorry, Bubba--I just went with the flow on that one. The author of the plugins which *ahem* bear a striking resemblance to the new N-track plugins is identified as "slim slow slider" at the K-V-R VST site. I don't know if that's a group of people or one person, though. (edit: After some reading, it looks like one guy.) Here's a link to the C3 compressor at kvr-vst.com which lists slim as the author. The download page for C3 and the other plugins (i.e., CATDelay and LinearPhaseGraphicEQ 2) is here.

Tony