ver 6.0.8

won’t work

Been running N since the beginning. Currently on ver 6.05. works pretty well. yesterday I installed ver 6.0.8. Would not work at all. it would crash usually before I could open pref. Tried reinstall with default pref. Still no go. I uninstalled and went back to Ver 6.05 without any problems.

I am on xp service pack 2, I read, after searching the threads here, that someone else had the same issue which was resolved after installing service pack 3.

Can someone confirm that ver 6.0.8 requires service pack 3? I am afraid to chance messing with my Music computer without reason.

Thanks,
larrye

Which build? I couldn’t install 2549. Have no problems with 2548

Levi, it was build 2549. But WHY WON’T IT WORK.

Larrye

Quote: (Larrye @ Jan. 28 2010, 5:03 PM)

Been running N since the beginning. Currently on ver 6.05.
works pretty well.
yesterday I installed ver 6.0.8.
Would not work at all.
it would crash usually before I could open pref.
Tried reinstall with default pref. Still no go.
I uninstalled and went back to Ver 6.05 without any problems.

I am on xp service pack 2,
I read, after searching the threads here, that someone else had the same issue which was resolved after installing service pack 3.

Can someone confirm that ver 6.0.8 requires service pack 3?
I am afraid to chance messing with my Music computer without reason.

Thanks,
larrye

Version 6.0.8 doesn't require Service Pack 3 on Windows XP, it should work correctly with Service Pack 2.
What actions do you exactly do when these crashes happen? Is the problem specific to a certain project (.sng file) or does it happen even with a simple 1 track song? Are you using any effect? Which?

If the problem persists, the program should after crashing automatically send an error report. Please click on 'Report error' button in the dialog box that pops-up during the sending of the error report and fill the report with your info so that I can associate the report with your name and email address. I'll then examine the report and let you know if I can find what is causing the problem.

Flavio.
Quote: (Flavio Antonioli @ Jan. 29 2010, 2:09 AM)

If the problem persists, the program should after crashing automatically send an error report. Please click on 'Report error' button in the dialog box that pops-up during the sending of the error report and fill the report with your info so that I can associate the report with your name and email address. I'll then examine the report and let you know if I can find what is causing the problem.

Flavio.

Somebody... please tell me what software company has the inventor of the software PERSONALLY answer forum complaints?

Lets all of us recognize that we are using a superior product with unprecidented support.

Thanks flavio, for a great product and for your unflinching support of it, and us.

Flavio,
I submitted all the information I could think of via your support page.
Thanks,
larrye