Version 5 features

I’ve jumped from an early version 4 (4.04 I think) to Version 5.

Apart from the annoying mixer resizing I’ve noticed a few other features that I’m not sure about…

1. I have the “name the wav files on record” option turned on. n-track used to default to the last used names (in a session). Now it doesn’t which means re-takes have to have the names re-entered. pita

2. n-track used to name the tracks the same as the wavs by default. Now it doesn’t.

3. Groups. Tracks sent to groups are treated like minimised tracks and are now hidden from the mixer when “show minimised tracks” is unticked. V4 didn’t do this. How about another mixer option “show tracks sent to groups”?

I’m getting quite a few crashes too and one trashed song file that Flavio couldn’t fix.

X

Hi XonXoff:
There was a time during the v5 bata’s that I had to re-configure each build up-date… Then there was a time that I had to re-configure the skins folder… There was a build-or-two that I had to re-move n-Track and re-install v5… and re-register… But I believe that all that is behind me here… now… We’ll see…

There are even some files that opens build 2099 or the last v4.2.1 or whatever it was. It’s weird to see the “OLD” splash screen open the OLD n-Track Desk… On the other hand it’s funny to see build 2159 open and start looking for tracks on 15 hard drives on three DAWs when the LAN hub and all the DAWs are turned on… when I mouse-click on an .sng file… I get the choice of manually searching for the file or not installing the track on the timeline… as well…

It tells me I have to get serious about sync’ing my Drives… Projects… Folders… and Files… on these drives…

If there was some way that n-Track could search for files with the latest Dates-and-Times the tracks could then be loaded on a timeline from any drives that contain the Project’s tracks… Then all the Drive’s reading-and-writing pens could share the project’s/drive’s “streaming” resources…

Bill…