Vince Welnick

is dead…

Grateful Dead’s last keyboardist, Vince Welnick, dies at 55.

This now means that every keyboardist for the Dead (4 of them) has either died or killed themselves. The curse on the keys?!?!

Perhaps the lifestyle is not suitable for those who desire longetivity. :(
Maybe 666 was too much for him to handle.
Then theres always that deal with the devil theory with musicians…
How better to honor their father than to die on his day?
???
All joking aside, the dude was old. RIP you old goat!

Hey he outlived alot of keyboardist in say…Rawanda!
It’s a good thing his debuite performance wasn’t in Falluja, I heard that guy bombed.

I should only hope people should be so kind when I kick the bucket. :p

keep shinin’

jerm :cool:

Quote (jeremysdemo @ June 06 2006,06:23)
Perhaps the lifestyle is not suitable for those who desire longetivity. :(
Maybe 666 was too much for him to handle.
Then theres always that deal with the devil theory with musicians...
How better to honor their father than to die on his day?
???

Hey he outlived alot of keyboardist in say....Rawanda!
It's a good thing his debuite performance wasn't in Falluja, I heard that guy bombed.

I should only hope people should be so kind when I kick the bucket. :p

keep shinin'

And you are different from "those other Christians" HOW?

KF

Well Kingfish,

For one I’m not gonna get all choked up about one person who died living a Sex Drugs and Rock-n-Roll lifestyle.
And have virtually no feelings about thousands of others who are dying everyday, with no such freedoms.
The guy had a great life, full of freedom, and opportunity.
I’m not holdin’ up a hate filled poster at his funeral.
I’m drawing attention to the good, and how blessed he was, by mentioning how many other are less fortunate.
FYI, RIP stands for REST IN PEACE, which I pray he does.
My prayers are with his wife, Lori.
Let’s not worry about the dead, theres not much we can do for them, but the living…
I’ve been lurkin’ at this site for a few years now.
In that time period I have seen about fifty single death post, this old fart died, that old fart died.
But I have not seen one post, by the same posters, with something like…
10,000 died in Rawanda today. Haiti?
20,000 in Falluja this week.
Did not these people have talent?
Did they not have things that made them special?
One thing they didn’t have, freedom. Or the opportunity to use their talents.
If people would put half the effort into the living that they put into their dead, this world would be a better place.

So I tried to put a little humor into a very sad comparison.
The post was meant to be sarcastic.(hence the “all joking aside” comment)…obviously waisted on some.
OK, so a comedian I am not. :laugh:

At least I didn’t say he was cursed like his buddy Mike did!
Hey, I didn’t know he played with Todd Rundgren, I thought he looked familiar.

I see death as a blessed thing. If one believes in Christ it is wonderful to join Him.
If one doesn’t, then it is an end to a life of misery.

keep shinin’

So, basically, your signature should read "Jesus loved only his converts…the rest can go to h e l l."

He may very well have had vices to contend with…but who are you to judge. He spread alot of joy to those who were into the band. You have your burdens as well but what can you, a mear mortal do…when you were not provided with a fully functional cpu?

I understand the humor you tried to convey but after reading the loads of biblical babbel you’ve spread across this forum…I hardly expected to see you speaking ill of the dead. :p

start shinin’

KF

Ok, Kingfish.

You win, let’s all make a big to do about this one guy, and every other late great.

And we will all ignore the other thousands…who’s lives mean nothing since they weren’t famous. or American for that matter.
Yep, you and Mikey can go back to your cozy homes knowing you’ve done the right thing here.
I said nothing about him or anyone going to h.e.l.l. are you sure your not related to audiobru?
‘Cause you both like to put words in peoples mouths.
I did speak of his, and our decadence, and how it is seperating us from the others who suffer in this world.

If that’s shinin’ to you, you can keep it.

RIP Vince. 55 is way too young to be clockin’ out.

D

<!–QuoteBegin>

I understand the humor you tried to convey but after reading the loads of biblical babbel you’ve spread across this forum…I hardly expected to see you speaking ill of the dead

There was another guy I remember, who said things that were unexpected…shocked alot of religous leaders of His day in fact…
Can’t quite remember his name…but I think you know who he is.

It’s my fault though Fish,
Since I don’t share your morbid sence of finality in death, I can’t see it in the same light.
I guess when you live in fear of what’s gonna happen to ya, then any jokes about death are also frightening, and even read as mean or illwilled.
EDIT-
BTW, shock factor, is not a sin. Niether is telling an old goat to rest in peace.
I don’t answer to you, you have no authority over me.
However, there are other Christians here, and if any of them should read my words and find them in err, according to scripture, I would be foolish to deny good council.

I’m done explaining myself, to you, cause as long as you hold those views(and think I do as well) your not going to understand.
I guess I should of held up a hate sign for ya, since you would probably be “expecting to see” that. And since, your going to put your own hate into my humor anyway.

still shinin’

Edit2:

On second thought,

Perhaps if you were more familiar with my peoples rituals and beliefs on these matters you would be better educated to respond. And less likely to see something unexpected.

Jewish Burial Celebration

I have celebrated his gifts of freedom and opportunity.
And only wish that all could be so fortunate in life.
Quote (jeremysdemo @ June 07 2006,06:51)
For one I'm not gonna get all choked up about one person who died living a Sex Drugs and Rock-n-Roll lifestyle.

In that time period I have seen about fifty single death post, this old fart died, that old fart died.

Jerm,

How can you make statements like that and call yourself a Christian? Where does compassion start and end? Only for the suitably righteous?

Come on Jerm, everyone has the right to compassion regardless of race, colour, creed or wether they ended thier life in some kind of wasteful way! Yeah sure, I could make a joke about some serial killer dying, but where do you draw the the line?
Your "Keep shining" doesn't always excuse you!

Quote (Bruffie @ June 07 2006,01:55)
Quote (jeremysdemo @ June 07 2006,06:51)
For one I’m not gonna get all choked up about one person who died living a Sex Drugs and Rock-n-Roll lifestyle.

Jerm,

How can you make statements like that and call yourself a Christian? Where does compassion start and end? Only for the suitably righteous?

Well I guess we only have to have compassion for those whom were fortunate enough to be born with freedom and opportunity.

Everyone else who dies isn’t worthy of a post.

Compassion, yep that’s what these threads are all about!

Selective compassion. And anyone who says otherwise is a bad guy (an not a very good Christian either).

It’s funny how people who have no interest in Christ, or personally being accountable to him, can always tell others when they aren’t doing the same.

you guys are rich!

You can take sentences out of context and try to make them mean whatever you want. To fit your purpose.
You and Kingpin, or anyone else hear can go ahead and make my words as hateful as you are. But that doesn’t make me that way. You can’t put your hate into my heart. I’m sure if you said those words, that’s exactly what you would have meant by your own admission, since that’s how you see death.
You can’t make me look at death the same way you do, I’m not in fear. And it is foolish for me to try and explain to you or KingFish WHY.

1Corinthians 2:14

The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually diserned.

I can agree to disagree and move on.

No sin has been commited in this respect. And as I told Fish, shock factor is not a sin.
And I am willing to listen to wise council, so far none has presented itself.
I don’t call myself a Christian, you guys call me that. And expect me to live up to whatever in your mind that means.
I do aspire to be more like Christ. And it would please me if such concern was given for many that is given for the few.

keep shinin’

jerm

:cool:

Quote (jeremysdemo @ June 06 2006,19:23)

The immaturity of youth speaking. In a twinkling of an eye, you’ll wake up one morning and find that you’re an “old goat” and inside you’ll still think like you did when you were 20.

<!–QuoteBegin>

Why not? God will be. One more of his loved ones lost (or maybe not - who are we to judge a man’s relationship with God).

<!–QuoteBegin>

What’s the difference between one person dying and thousands? We all have to die sometime and each of those people only had to die only once. Why is one lost soul and less than a 1000?

But hey, this is an audio board - it’s not surprising that we discuss the life and times of musical people.
Quote (Guest @ June 07 2006,03:31)

What's the difference between one person dying and thousands?
The difference is you won't ever hear or see a post around here dedicated to even one of them.

And the same people will give you a speech about compassion.
Quote (jeremysdemo @ June 06 2006,19:23)

The immaturity of youth speaking. In a twinkling of an eye, you'll wake up one morning and find that you're an "old goat" and inside you'll still think like you did when you were 20.

Again, I meant that in the most loving way an old goat can be refered too. Just add yourself to the list of people who feel the need to put their own meaning and hatred to my words.

<!–QuoteBegin>

Why not? God will be. One more of his loved ones lost (or maybe not - who are we to judge a man’s relationship with God).

Well, there are certain things about suicide that seem to lean in one direction…
But I’m not for one minute going to let you lead me into that path of conversation.
I wish for him to RIP, as I have said thrice already.

Nice try guest,

keep shinin’

Jeremysdemon

in every case you have presented you have fabricated and put words into peoples mouths that you claim they did to you but they did not but you did it to them.

you have not read the bible from what i have read nor do you posess any wisdoms when speaking of it although you somehow percieve yourself to be a scholar you are narrow and obtuse.

i will pray for you as i have for your mother who took too many drugs when she carried you and your father who dropped you on your head many many times. You won’t be going to heaven as you will surely lower the property values. To call you childish is an insult to children everywhere. You only open your mouth to change feet. You would be out of your depth in a parking lot puddle. Your sole purpose may be to serve as a warning to others. You have an intellect rivaled only by garden tools. You are all foam and no beer. You carry the mark of the beast on your tongue. Lucifer is your master.

keep shinin’ shoes

it’s your gift.

Malkin :p

well…I don’t know anything about this particular person and I couldn’t be any less of a GD fan if I tried, but it seems that being a KB for that group is a dicey proposition.

Malkin is clearly not Coulter, Jeremy, it seems to me, FWIW. Much meaner. I s’pose it doesn’t matter.

Thing is, Malkin, Jeremy has met head on lots of criticisms from folks here, including myself, and always seems to come out of it without any anger towards those who have attacked him. I too disagree theologically with him, but I don’t think he holds the hateful fundamentalist line, not in his heart.

Did you see Coulter on the Today show yesterday? Classic stuff.

Someone brought to my attention that Bruce Hornsby hasn’t died (yet), but I don’t think he wasn’t really an “official” member of the GD.

But seriously, given the life of the band, you’d expect some of it’s members to die, witness Jerry himself. However, I’ve always thought it was a little strange that ALL of the keyboard players have died.

Jeremy’s a cool dude & he means well. Go easy on him.

yeah, as someone who know a 9/11 widow, I was pissed off by Coulter’s comments…