Vista SP2

More SP2 problems - trying to print crashes everything! Word - open office, notepad.
My old all-in-one hp has never had this prob.

Yaz - I echo PW’s suggestion. Try a full uninstall of your audio drivers, complete with searching registry for applicable keys. Then try a reinstall of the audio drivers. Audio drivers get mucked - like socks in the dryer - something gets lost.

Yep - just fixed my old trusty dusty printer - uninstalled it - re-installed drivers - chaching!

Quote:

Hey John Doe - that's one of my fav David Crosby songs.

i like 'cold rain' even more.

sorry to keep stealing the thread. it's yaz's signature's fault.
Quote:

As for Vista - wait for Windows 7.
Been considering this my own se'f - then I realized that half my gear just implemented solid vista drivers not too long ago. What's that been in dog years?

If it's handled right and they get what they need to get out to developers in a timely manner it may be different but for now Win 7 end of year, drivers for line6, Tascam, emu, etc. etc. may be another year after that.

I couldn't go a week without my recording sys.

Some audio folks are still not supporting Vista.
(maybe they're waiting for 7 too?!)

Vista Compatibility Watch

I guess you know you can download Win 7 RC (release candidate) and try it til March 1, 2010. That’s pretty darn nice of MS (after we’ve just bashed them).

You can DL it here : http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/windows-7/download.aspx

Waited for over a year after Vista released for E-mu released drivers, why up grade to Windoze 7 when you’ll just be waiting for drivers again.

Why not just haul it all to metal recycling place, get a couple bucks and forget it!

…because now that GM is gone, it is now "As Microsoft goes - so goes the nation"
Besides - with all the new Indian programmers, maybe they’ll get it right this time.

Well every program has gone ballistic with the SP2 up date. Having to re-install everything.

Must be nap time.

Just an up-date, got everything working again after jumping thru several hoops (re-installs and a lot of french words).

Parlay voo a humma humma and such. It’s great having sex with Microsluts, I mean Microsoft, just wish I could get an occasional kiss! :p

Quote: (Yaz @ Jun. 08 2009, 5:53 PM)

It's great having sex with Microsluts, I mean Microsoft

Microsoft: Hung like a Cray II. You'll LOVE IT! Bend OVER...

It's either this, orrr... an Apple or Penguin up your arse... Choose wisely grasshopper...

D

Speakin’ of the grasshopper - any chance he was not up to kinkydom?

I suspect he snatched one too many pebbles… Oh well…

D

Ba-doomph TISH!

D- bad joke boy…