Vocal stripper ???

Can it be done in n-Track ??

Hi all,
new to software but going well. Tracks starting to sound what they should. I need to strip the vocal off another track and my question is can this be done with n-Track ??
Thanks, Jonny

Hi Jonny.
Are you trying to remove a seperate vocal track or are you trying to remove vocals from a previously recorded song?

I don’t like vocal strippers… just shut up and DANCE wouldja??? :laugh:

UJ

Quote: (Unblown_Jonson @ Mar. 04 2011, 12:09 PM)

I don't like vocal strippers... just shut up and DANCE wouldja?!?!? :laugh:

UJ

I don't like dancing strippers.
Put your clothes back on, UJ, you're putting me off.

Awww… maaannnn… :heart-break:

UJ

I used some vocal stripper to remove the paint from an old guitar. The paint came off alright but the stripper was natter natter natter all the time.

Talking of paint and getting back to the OPs question, removing vocals (or any other track) from a mixed song is a bit like trying to un-mix paint. ie it’s not really possible. There are some techniques that assume the vocal is panned dead centre and then by swapping phase of the l/r channels tries to cancel out the vocal (and anything else panned centre). Not really great though.

http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/Audio/vremover/Freeware.htm

http://www.audiomastermind.com/detail-karakao-9494.html

http://www.audiomastermind.com/detail-elevayta_extra_boy-10948.html

Presuming that you are trying to remove the vocal from a finished Stereo recording: I have never found a “vocal Stripper” that really worked very well. The program take the sound from the center of the stereo image where the vocals are usually placed. Unfortunately, a lot of other sounds are located here and you can end up with a pretty lifeless sound. You might look at some of the software that presents itself a “create kereoke” ( i don’t know how that is spelled)

I think freedom of speech applies to strippers doan it?

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Mar. 04 2011, 7:48 PM)

I think freedom of speech applies to strippers doan it?

FINE! No dollah bills in your G-strang...

UJ

Vocal stripper ? ? ?

the closest I can think of would be Katy Perry.
:;):

she’ll be your teenage dream in her skin tight jeans tonight. :laugh:

dontcare

Quote: (bax3 @ Mar. 04 2011, 2:01 PM)

Presuming that you are trying to remove the vocal from a finished Stereo recording: I have never found a "vocal Stripper" that really worked very well.
The program take the sound from the center of the stereo image where the vocals are usually placed.
Unfortunately, a lot of other sounds are located here and you can end up with a pretty lifeless sound.
You might look at some of the software that presents itself a "create kereoke"
( i don't know how that is spelled)

The 'Create karaoke" ones don't work either. They strip out anything around the vocal and usually leave a 'ghost' vocal in the background. I use the program to create discs for my local karaoke bar from backing tracks......but the 'Vocal remover'? .....Nope!!