Volume envelope node editing bug

The values entered are always lower

When editing the node envelope via the right click on the node “envelope/Set Node/ Enter value” the values entered do not match up. For example if I enter 2.4db I get 2.3db or if I enter 7.0db I get 6.9db. It seems when entering the values it’s always off by .1 lower. Is this a bug?

Using n-track24bit (WIN) v2654

PACO

Hi Paco572:

It could be a Bug…
However, I always adjust volume nodes by “Dragging” volume levels… It’s not easy…

I guess it’s not easy, whatever method you choose to use…
If it’s always off by .1 db I wonder if entering + .1 db would be a workaround ????

Just a suggestion…

Bill…

Quote: (woxnerw @ Dec. 09 2010, 5:38 PM)

Hi Paco572:
It could be a Bug.. However, I always adjust volume nodes by "Dragging" volume levels.. It's not easy..

I guess it's not easy, whatever method you choose to use.. If it's always off by .1 db I wonder if entering + .1 db would be a workaround ????

Just a suggestion..

Bill..

No matter what I do it offsets by a value -.1

I asked for this feature a while back to make fine adjustments after I do the quick drag method. After you get the nodes in place sometimes the volume might be a little loud in that section, trying to drag .1 or.2 DB can be a little frustrating thats why I asked for the set volume node which speeds up the process and makes handling the fine adjustments a whole lot easier.

PACO

I feel your pain…

Somehow, I have a feeling that the resolution of entering the adjustment value causes the issue to raise it’s head…

I’m thinking that expanding the adjustment by another factor of (TEN) in the arithmetic value of the adjustment might work…
????

Perhaps Flavio could spend some spare time
:p
???
some day and see what he thinks might alleviate the issue…

I know when I play with volume nodes (the way I use them) I have this issue of trying to let go of the mouse drag without changing the level I set, either up-or-down…
Anyway, it means applying a bit of extra concentration added to the process of setting levels…

Bill…