volume envelope problems

when at -inf. I can still hear it

When using the “draw volume envelope” feature, and I bring a part down to “-inf.” I can still hear a ghost of the track. I have worked around it (not a real big deal) but I was wondering if there was an easier way to silence some sections of a track. Thanks.

Are you using any effects in an Aux bus?

If the send is pre-fader you will still hear any portion of the track sent to the effect.

No. It even happens when I have just laid down bed tracks without any effects.

Longer story (if interested) follows: So I lay down a drum track and use it as a click track. For those drum-less portions of the song, I just run a rim-shot every other beat. After the bed tacks are down, I don’t need the rim-shot anymore so I go try to mute it. So during some of the quieter parts of the song, I still get some ghost rim-shot. All this before effects. I can always cut those parts, I just didn’t know if I was missing some easier way; cutting becomes tedious when trying to compile vocal takes into one track! Thanks for help!

If you mute all the other tracks, or solo that track, can you hear the sound faintly?

If you mute the track, can you hear it?

When I have found this to be the case, it is because I have not truly put the volume to -inf.

Quote (PETROS @ Sep. 13 2006,20:53)
No. It even happens when I have just laid down bed tracks without any effects.

Longer story (if interested) follows: So I lay down a drum track and use it as a click track. For those drum-less portions of the song, I just run a rim-shot every other beat. After the bed tacks are down, I don't need the rim-shot anymore so I go try to mute it. So during some of the quieter parts of the song, I still get some ghost rim-shot. All this before effects. I can always cut those parts, I just didn't know if I was missing some easier way; cutting becomes tedious when trying to compile vocal takes into one track! Thanks for help!

In that case are you sure it's not click track "bleed" into the vocal tracks? Easily done.