vsti suggestions

I need a good string sound

Hello everyone

Ive got a song cooking in my kitchen and it needs strings. Can anyone recommend a moderately priced string vst? Its goin on an acoustic style song so its gotta sound as close to the real thing as poss. Ive already got dream string by dsk, its a freebie but its not real enough for my ears. Please help, I wanna try and keep this song as acoustic sounding as poss, although I fear the strings are gonna be a huge problem.

Do a search for 'Campbell’s Cello, Campbell’s Violin, Viola, etc. These are great sounding free soundfonts (or go to the shareware music machine;). I am fairly certain they are available there. These are sf2 files you can use with any soundfont player, and they sound very good.

Good luck!
'til next time
Tony W

DSK Strings are pretty decent…

http://free-plugin-list.com/plugin.php?id=291

D

Uh D, he said he already tried the DSK.

Anywho if you have a good sf2 player than the sky is the limit for strings, I mean you are only limited to the time you have available to comb the web.
There are plenty of great fonts out there, many of which are live samples people took the time to make.

I got a couple here:

Resonance

IT depends on what you are looking for when you say strings, there are a variety you know, it’s not one size fit’s all, there is cello, violin, oboe, etc etc, so you have to know what it is that best fits the song before you go a searchin’ ???

I find cello works great for lower register notes that need a bassy thickness, while the enemble or violins are better in higher notes…

keep shinin

jerm :cool:

Jeremy;

I can’t play my oboe any more since I busted a string … :whistle:

Quote: (DACaughey @ Jun. 30 2009, 3:03 PM)

Jeremy;

I can't play my oboe any more since I busted a string ...
:whistle:

:laugh:

DSK Strings is not the same as DSK DreamZ ya' know... nor is it an oboe... :p

D
Quote: (Diogesneez @ Jun. 30 2009, 3:34 PM)

Quote: (DACaughey @ Jun. 30 2009, 3:03 PM)

Jeremy;

I can't play my oboe any more since I busted a string ...
:whistle:

:laugh:

DSK Strings is not the same as DSK DreamZ ya' know... nor is it an oboe... :p

D

What do I know?
I never could get DSK anything to play out of my sf2 player!

I am sure there are a plethora of DSK's only I am not as educated as El Wapo to know what they all are!

keep shinin

ive heard people mention soundfonts a lot. I must look into getting a soundfont player and trying some of these freebies out.

I believe there are free SFZ VST’s I use one called rgc audio fsz which plays all kinds of sf2’s.

I tried googling it for ya, but no luck, I got the link from here, or I used torrent, don’t remember, just knew that I needed an sf2 player VST, and eventually got one…

keep shinin

I’ve tried probably every sf player out there this one is the only one I use now though. It does a ton more than a lot of just players.

This one is very cool.
You can load 2 .sf2 files at once (to layer) plus
oodles of controls that actually work - YOU WILL GO CRAZY
Got to work those knobs and sliders though.

Kriminal SFP