VSTI

A double question

1. My Ntrack keeps crashing when I use the VSTI ntrack drums thinger. Why? I have Vista and a EMU 0404 and plenty of memory and speed. Is it the Vista? Ntrack keeps recording my system settings and letting me fill out a problem form but I have yet to get a response.

2. I got a proteus xv program buindled in my emu usb mixer/card adn I’d like to get acces to it through Ntrack. I don’t know how.

Thanks.

Could be a patchmix setting, driver setting, sample rate or other. I don’t know about the USB, I have the 0404pci card.
You can try posting over at the un-official E-Mu forum. There are several rocket scientists over there. And a link to Patchmix de-mystified that helps alot.

Un-Official E-Mu forum

The ProteusX app probably needs to link or install to the Vst folder in nTrack. I did it once but don’t remember the steps.

Yaz

Proteus X on the production cd with the 0404 pci, stop auto-run, explore cd, open Proteus X folder, run install from Proteus X folder, when writing Proteus to Steinberg folder, I changed it to write to nTrack VST folder. After install, open nTrack, add new instrument channel, Proteus should be there, nTrack will re-scan when you try to open the instrument channel. Hopethat helps.

Yaz

Thanks Yaz

I’ll try the proteus business when I get home. Also, I went to that site “Unoficial E-mu” and had to stop due to boss. Thanks for the start.

Well - it turns out it thinks I’m an NT user. It’s not up for Vista.

Is it worth running XP now for this tool or should I find a different product and pay $$?

Check again at Production Forums, use the ProteusX , EmulatorX forums. May be an answer there for you. Also, which software version are you running for the 0404 USB ?

There is an up-grade Beta 2 software for 0404USB downloadable at the E-Mu site, it’s on the 0404pci Vista drivers page. Was just posted the 2nd or 3rd this month. It’s beta version for testing, but it may help with Vista. I run the beta drivers and patchmix 2.0 on my 0404pci card.

Vista Beta Drivers/Software

let us know what you get working or not.

Yaz :)

I saw your post on the Emu site refering to the VSTI problems -driver related - was that ever resolved?. It was over my head but I guess it means you can’t create rythym tracks using ntrack. I’m checking out Cubase right now because that seems to be where EMu is pushing me. I did use the latest beta driver and patch but since it just came out I imagine it will get better.
My proteus is not on the production disk, its on its own disk but I switched the destination anyway and it had the same problem. I might have found the solution though - I still need to test it. I was logged in as a user other then “Owner” and there may have been some problem with that. Right now I am experiencing some latency issues that I also have to deal with. I wonder when I’ll actually record some music?

Something about the asio drivers, the way patchmix routes things, nTrack, and my feeble midi brain, I can crash n with any VSTi. Something doesn’t reset in the patchmix, even restoring defaults doesn’t work ,I wind up having to re-install it. Last time I tried using a VSTi, my asio drivers have gone south for recording audio in nTrack. I re-installed everything except Windows, still no good. I’m now using WDM drivers for recording audio in nTrack, I have to open audio devices, advanced, un-check Keep Audio Devices Open to get wave files to line up. I’m not sure where the problem lies, nTrack, E-Mu, Vista, or the whole nine yards.

Good luck getting up and running Aaron, let us know your progress.

Yaz

Thanks again. I’m going back to XP today and I’ll write you the results.