W. F. Buckley's got it right

CIA leak

Who Did What?.

<!–QuoteBegin>

We have noticed that Valerie Plame Wilson has lived in Washington since 1997. Where she was before that is not disclosed by research facilities at my disposal. But even if she was safe in Washington when the identity of her employer was given out, it does not mean that her outing was without consequence. We do not know what dealings she might have been engaging in which are now interrupted or even made impossible. We do not know whether the countries in which she worked before 1997 could accost her, if she were to visit any of them, confronting her with signed papers that gave untruthful reasons for her previous stay — that she was there only as tourist, or working for a fictitious U.S. company. In my case, it was 15 years after reentry into the secular world before my secret career in Mexico was blown, harming no one except perhaps some who might have been put off by my deception.

The great question here is Robert Novak. It was he who published, in his column, that Mrs. Joseph Wilson was a secret agent of the CIA. I am too close a friend to pursue the matter with Novak, and his loyalty is a postulate. What was going on? If there are mysteries in town, that surely is one of them, the role of Novak.

The importance of the law against revealing the true professional identity of an agent is advertised by the draconian punishment, under the federal code, for violating it. In the swirl of the Libby affair, one loses sight of the real offense, and it becomes almost inapprehensible what it is that Cheney/Libby/Rove got themselves into. But the sacredness of the law against betraying a clandestine soldier of the republic cannot be slighted.

Stand by - ksdb will attempt to tell us what Buckley was really saying :laugh:

I’m disappointed that Buckley’s details aren’t accurate.

<!–QuoteBegin>

The great question here is Robert Novak. It was he who published, in his column, that Mrs. Joseph Wilson was a secret agent of the CIA.

Novak said nothing about Plame being a “secret” agent.

I did not out that woman, Valerie Plame!

<!–QuoteBegin>

Leave it to ksdb to get hung up on the least important thing that Buckley is saying.

Quote (Mr Soul @ Nov. 03 2005,17:22)
<!–QuoteBegin>

Leave it to ksdb to get hung up on the least important thing that Buckley is saying.

Nonsense. The part I referred to is what Buckley himself called the “great question.” If the facts aren’t accurate, the rest is moot.

<!–QuoteBegin>

If the facts aren’t accurate, the rest is moot.

Just to make sure I understand you, you are dismissing what Buckley is saying because of this one issue?

Quote (Mr Soul @ Nov. 03 2005,17:57)
<!–QuoteBegin>
If the facts aren’t accurate, the rest is moot.

Just to make sure I understand you, you are demisng what Buckley is saying because of this one issue?

What Buckley says is fine if it truly applies to the case. At this point, as Buckley admits in the unquoted part of the article, no charges have been brought forth to substantiate the root of the investigation. The conclusion that Novak identified a “secret” or “clandestine” agent is not based on a literal reading of that original column, but instead can only be construed from subsequently released information.

So you agree with his concluding statement, which is his main point?

<!–QuoteBegin>

But the sacredness of the law against betraying a clandestine soldier of the republic cannot be slighted.

Please answer yes or no.

yes or no

:)

I did not out that woman, Valerie Plame!

<!–QuoteBegin>

yes or no

This is why you test software not right it :laugh:

ksdb - please answer yes or no.

or write it

Quote (Mr Soul @ Nov. 04 2005,11:44)
<!–QuoteBegin>
yes or no

ksdb - please answer yes or no.

I don’t agree with his point that the issue is being slighted. Libby is up on FIVE CHARGES.

So that would be a No - correct? Libby isn’t being charged with outing an agent.

<!–QuoteBegin>

In the swirl of the Libby affair, one loses sight of the real offense, and it becomes almost inapprehensible what it is that Cheney/Libby/Rove got themselves into.

You really like to selectively read things through your own biases. The problem here is that you can’t come right out & dismiss/attack Buckley because he’s a conservative, so you skirt the issues & avoid implications.

You’re so transparent it’s pathetic.

Feel free to bring up a subject with some actual teeth the next time.

<!–QuoteBegin>

I write test software then right it when it’s wrong. That 'bout covers it. Yes it does :D

<!–QuoteBegin>

Feel free to bring up a subject with some actual teeth the next time.

Touche!

douche, you say?

Ahhh - that would be “douchebag” for you Clark :laugh: