Waco

Iraq

I just finished watching a special on the Waco incident. Janet Reno and her lynch mob really did a number on those folks. I think I had forgotten the horror of it all. What a shocking story.

It seems to me that this is how alot of people may be viewing what is going on in Iraq as the same sort of thing. The government still has alot of the same people that dreamed up the Waco fiasco. Could it be that the same mentallity still plagues our govt?

Waco was a very sad tragedy, many innocent folk were killed. The same for Iraq too, not just the Iraqi’s, but the American Boys and Girls fighting in a war they are being misled about. Viet Nam all over again?

Just my thoughts on it.

I just finished watching a special on the Waco incident. Janet Reno and her lynch mob really did a number on those folks. I think I had forgotten the horror of it all. What a shocking story.
Hold on guys - I'm not defending Reno, but at least she did admit to some mistakes there. But you seem to forget about the crazy/religious-wacho David Koresh (sp?) who lived there. While it may be true that the FBI/ATF accidentally set fire to the place, there's alot of blame that Koresh should take himself.

And what about the 3 agents that were killed? I remember seeing the footage of that. If Koresh was such a spiritual guy, why was he shooting at these agents?

Not talking bout Koresh, the innocent children inside the building

Right - and didn’t Koresh have some of the responsibility for these kids, i.e., if he told the parent’s with kids to leave the compound, they would have probably left?

I don’t know Mike, seems Koresh and his followers were a little off kilter in the thinking dept. I just hate to see kids caught up in the fiasco, same with the counter Ok. bombing.

One of the comments made re: the kids was the FBI had hoped the parents would see the suffering of the Kids and give up. The argument was that we are supposed to protect kids not use them to get to the parents.

The big thing for me was IR footage that showed machine gun fire at the only two exits when the tear gas started flowing. As the people tried to leave they were shot. The combination of gases used at the compound created cyanide gas. They for all intents and purposes executed these people.

Very true, I have no remorse for an adult using kids for such things, in fact, let’s take 'em out back and beat the crap out of 'em.

Sorry bout that, being a father and grandfather I just hate seeing kids caught up in adult stupidity.

If I could only change the world, every kid would have a SpongeBob SquarePants Lunchbox just like mine!:D

Right - I agree. As I recall (this may be fuzzy), in the final analysis, the FBI & NTFB screwed up mis-characterized Koresh, therefore using incorrect tactics in dealing w/ him, i.e., they didn’t treat him as a apolyptic (sp?) fanatic.

True again, proving reguardless of which political party has controll of White House, our inteligence force, be it domestic or foreign has too many flaws, too much guess work, not enough facts. But this is not a problem that just surfaced recently, been going on for decades, we just didn’t have the media coverage to expose some of the errors made in the past. Uncle Sam doesn’t want the public to know all the facts, because it could possible come to a very large lynch mob, standing on Penns. Ave.???

I love that David Crosby tune BTW!

Tis one of my all time fav songs, btw, you gonna do Country Girl with the CSN&Y thing? One of the most awsum songs Neil ever wrote!