wait... and they will come to you!

Update on Ange stuff…

Hey guys,

Just a little update…

wedding plans are well under way and the day job has taken over so I have not been singing/writing/recording too much and i’ve spent no time at the computer so I have barely promoted at all, however, I seem to have been scouted out by a company called A&R records! They contacted and have asked me to send them a promo pack so that’s kinda cool.

oh…and…

I got an email this morning from a student who is producing a film to be be entered in to the ‘AFI film festival of Dallas,TX.’ she wants to use three of my songs in her film! I have given permission and will have a copy of the film (all going to plan) this time next year…I’ll let you know more details as I get them.

So, all is well :)

Miss you all and will stay in the loop as much as poss.

Ange x

Congrats on the film score Ange! :agree:

High Flying Ange…You can’t beat exposure. Well done! :agree:

I was starting to think we were going to have to send a search party to check on you, but you seem to be doing very well indeed. Hopefully, things will settle down for you enough that you can write us another song. You’re gonna need new material for all these opportunities popping up on your horizon. :agree:

Hi Ange and All:
What a nice update Ange… I’d say, I hope you keep us updated… as-it-goes.

Bill.

COOL!!!

GREAT result Ange!

Well done!

:agree:

Quote: (ange @ Apr. 24 2009, 6:22 AM)

I seem to have been scouted out by a company called A&R records! They contacted and have asked me to send them a promo pack so that's kinda cool.

That could have something to do with all those letters and demos that you sent out a while back. If their not asking for money, that's great! :agree:
:D
:laugh: Hey yaz? Where did you find that old pic of Tommy?
Quote: (Levi @ Apr. 25 2009, 9:30 PM)

:laugh: Hey yaz?
Where did you find that old pic of Tommy?

Yup. That was PW "back in the day"... you should see him now... older'n dirt... :laugh:

D

cute…

Actually Poppa looks like Roy, this is my natural picture, look like this every morning when I get up. (Don’t know why I wear that hat to bed)

And for the record . . . . Poppa’s 2 days older n dirt!
:laugh:

naw I just LOOK older than dirt. My mind still thinks I’m 32…

nice avytar buddy!

Quote:

(Don't know why I wear that hat to bed)

I can guess... :laugh:

When I wuz a young honey-mooner I wore a crash helmet to bed! LOL... It's different these days though...

"ZZZ-zzz... Hrmph? Hey snookums? Did you snuggle me?"

"Huh? Nope."

"Musta been the dog... ZZZ-zzzz..."
:laugh:

D
Quote: (Levi @ Apr. 25 2009, 9:29 PM)

Quote: (ange @ Apr. 24 2009, 6:22 AM)

I seem to have been scouted out by a company called A&R records! They contacted and have asked me to send them a promo pack so that's kinda cool.

That could have something to do with all those letters and demos that you sent out a while back. If their not asking for money, that's great!
:agree:
:D

Nope...they weren't on my list, but I doubt it'll come to much anyhows. unlikely they'll take it anywhere, but still, nice that someone took the time to mail me...even if it was for a dare!

seriously tho, thanks for the well wishes guys.

Ange x

Some update on the film…

The storyline starts out with a girl talking about how her father left her mother when she was pregnant with her. She talks about how hard it's been for her without a father, and about her resentment towards him for leaving. While she is speaking images of a train coming are playing while flashing back to a house, pertaining to certain memories she talks about. Eventually when it ends it shows you a little girl, around 5 meeting her dad who steps off a train. The dad is in the military, and the whole thing is highlighting how many fathers in the military never see their kids before they are grown up, missing so many memories. Also it is to exposure the effects that the kids go through, feeling abandon, having to love a stranger. It also shows the girl transforming in ages all the way to around 18, talking about how she barely sees her father, and when she does, she has aged every time and he is still a new stranger to her.

I’ve suggested ‘hollow I am’ the song I wrote about my dad as one of the three songs she will be using but I am yet to get a good recording of it. Plenty to be done!.. sheesh, I gotta get back on the ball, I’ve not even posted ‘you answer’ on my site yet!

anyhow, the deadline is May 20th so I guess we’ll have to wait and see :;):

Ange x

sounds like a nice idea - hope it goes well!

That’s great. Get back here and help out the all*stars now and then slacker :laugh:

Highly relevant topic there. There are so many people from my area who fit that description - multiple tours in Iraq, etc. - men and women both - this isn’t just happening with husbands & fathers - but wives and mothers too - their spouses are unbelievable people. Even so, so many problems, with kids and PTSD and illnesses from chemicals and all sorts of things. We don’t even come close to helping them as we should. Crap head conservatives voting against actually funding their care, claiming to be "supporting the troops."

It’s been said, there is no path to peace, peace is the path.